This Corona Virus Mania is Just Too Much, We All Need to Chill!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
WEAR A MASK IF YOU ARE GOING OUT IN PUBLIC!

Vienna

VIP/Donor

knghifi

Dec 6, 2014
I don’t think large groups is smart
for the foreseeable future.
You want a slow controled spread
where you build up herd immunity
in the population, while you protect
the weak and elderly from the virus.
My office closed until 4/30 and been working from home. Just thinking probably need to rearrange office spaces before returning to office again. All the open spaces sitting closely together, meetings in crowded conference rooms ....

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
My office closed until 4/30 and been working from home. Just thinking probably need to rearrange office spaces before returning to office again. All the open spaces sitting closely together, meetings in crowded conference rooms ....
Depending on the business or school, more shifts with fewer people spread out
over more hours will put less strain on transportation to.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
they aren't

Just because two of my smoking family members have recovered doesn’t mean I think they were better off due to smoking. Neither exactly had a good time, it wasn’t no gentle cough. Also I learned my uncle even passed out a couple times.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Reactions: Bobvin

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
A big problem that sucks is Hospitals are starting to give reduced pay because all of their income has been stripped.

Another Aunt of mine is suspicious her office all had covid19. EVERYONE in it got sick, was unpleasant, unusual. But this was December. One worker had been hosting a family from China that has just come over. It's unknown for sure what they had, but it would not seem impossible.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
A big problem that sucks is Hospitals are starting to give reduced pay because all of their income has been stripped.

Another Aunt of mine is suspicious her office all had covid19. EVERYONE in it got sick, was unpleasant, unusual. But this was December. One worker had been hosting a family from China that has just come over. It's unknown for sure what they had, but it would not seem impossible.

No such roblems with our health system I am happy to say and robust measures by the Govt t protect the pay of our private sector workers too .
With your unemploment soaring to 6m plus and the epidemic still spreading some tough questions to address.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Indeed. What we need is as much information as possible.

The countries doing the most testing are the smartest.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark

Yes testing is important, but you also
need get everybody to take all precautions they can, if you want to
slow the spread.There are regions of the US where they are still living in
denial. You need to prop up your
whole support system for all the
social and financial problems that come from isolation.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
If you can test everyone and know if they have had it, you know a lot more. That kind of information tells you more predictable spreading patterns, where it's at, and what areas might be hit with a wave of very sick people because it's already there in mass.

It also let's you understand how much lock down is required. It is the tool to take away unnecessary precautions. Also it can tell us a lot about if it's possible to get it more than once. If we learn it's nearly impossible to get it more than once than anyone who on longer is contagious can go back to work/not social-distance.

Alleviation without fear comes from knowledge. But it also can give purpose to those ignoring protocols when they shouldn't be.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK

I am reminded of a US General, whose name I can't recollect, who was in Germany after the end of the Second World War and having to grapple with the serious and growing famine in Germany.
With commendable succintness he advised his superiors in Washington "you can let them starve or you can feed them"
Even more commendably they chose to feed them.

Reactions: Lagonda

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
But realistically it will be weeks if not
longer till large numbers can be tested for antigens . In the meantime
you have to deal with the fear and uncertainty of millions of people
not prepared financially and mentally
for this. That a lot of people rush
out to purchase “personal protection”
is somewhat unsettling :rolleyes:

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
After this is over, and the gov't spends too much $$ on a huge stash of N95 masks for the peeps, another illness will come along and there will be all kinds of shouting because, well, you should have known we needed N96 masks, the N95 masks just don't cut it.

That, of course, and Amazon distribution sized centers full of toilet paper!

Through all this we have to be grateful for this only being what it is... could have been something with much worse morbidity rate, almost instantly contageous, or THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!

Reactions: Lagonda

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
After this is over, and the gov't spends too much $$ on a huge stash of N95 masks for the peeps, another illness will come along and there will be all kinds of shouting because, well, you should have known we needed N96 masks, the N95 masks just don't cut it.

That, of course, and Amazon distribution sized centers full of toilet paper!

Through all this we have to be grateful for this only being what it is... could have been something with much worse morbidity rate, almost instantly contageous, or THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!
Truly a eye opener, if this virus had the mortality rate of Ebola we would
all be f....o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing