This Corona Virus Mania is Just Too Much, We All Need to Chill!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Almost no one wears a mask around my neighborhood outside. It doesn't appear to bother anyone. Everyone gives ample distance between themselves and someone else. (it might even be my imagination that I did see one lady with one)

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
And you don’t have to shave and brush your teeth anymore ! It’s a win win situation !:D
My wife says this must be offered by someone who is single. :p

Rob181

Oct 1, 2014
I think this will be one of the ways things change as a result of this pandemic. Leaders will rethink the notion of "globalism". More self reliance and independence may follow. There will be a response and things will be different going forward.

The approach by different countries to globalisation post Covid 19 will be VERY interesting...

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
That suggests old school intimacy Bob... your freakin me out now lol :eek:

Rob181

Oct 1, 2014
Hello Tang. I completely agree with this. I am just sharing my observation that it is perhaps a bit more difficult to do that here, a country that is now based on the welcoming of foreigners from other countries and cultures. It was not founded on this principle, but as things changed, it has adopted this. Many if not most consider the resulting diversity to be our countries biggest strength.

I think there should be some unity and cohesion when called for and where appropriate. We see this in NYC now, and increasingly in other states as well. But it is not easy. Sacrifice is often necessary in such times, and I applaud those who make the efforts than seem successful in slowing this down. We are totally on the same page with this.

All I am saying is that it is one thing to get a county of one race and small population with the same cultural identity to behave in a way to achieve a common goal, it is another challenge all together to get a very large country, in both population and geography, with very different regions and cultural traditions to act as one whole and toward a common goal. And this country was founded on the principle of independent, self governing states, not unlike the EU.

People are demanding that the US act as one entity together, and yet, look at the way the different countries in the EU are acting. They remind me more of the individual states in the US, each responding slightly differently based on what their country leaders and people think is appropriate, rather than one cohesive European Union. This is the difference I am trying, inelegantly, to describe. I don't see the calls for Brussels to impose a universal set of rules for the entire EU the way that many are demanding from the POTUS and federal government. If this is what our critics think should happen here, why not there?

We have trouble agreeing on anything over here. Just look at the ridiculous bathroom issue for instance. I can go into one one day, and the other the next day. What woman and their daughters think be damned. No, the US is a culturally diverse country with many competing ideologies.

Tang, this is what I mean by culture. I am happily complying with my state's stay at home order, and have made many tiny sacrifices for myself and family, and for my tenants. We are in this together. I'm just saying that some places are having an easier time coping with this challenge than are other places. Some of the reasons are structural. I would like to think we are doing the best we can.

Peter we have managed to implement a cohesive national approach to Covid 19 in Australia - we have a multicultural race - we have states managed by political parties of differing views - we are spread over a greater distance per head of population. The major differences between USA & Aus is the USA is 27% larger than Aus & has a population difference of 23M Aus to 303M USA. It can be done - it is up to the "leaders" to make it happen.

Reactions: rugyboogie

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Would you please advise where the political bias is or wishful thinking is - I am at a lost to find it - thanks...

It's an American thing, and I shouldn't have made the comment in the first place. There's no point getting into details, so never mind ;).

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
That took a while to respond ,lol
I wont go into politics here jeffrey ,
i was just mentioning russia is also making a vaccine .

May be iits ready earlier then the UK one , who knows .

Actually Jeffery was just making a common joke/meme. I wouldn't construe any bias from "in xcountry , X ___ you" jokes.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
And you don’t have to shave and brush your teeth anymore ! It’s a win win situation !:D

Good thing we don't have to FaceTime with one another!

We should take a poll next and figure how many days between showers for each member and take bets on who wins.

david

Reactions: Lagonda

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I think this is non-technical enough for readers here to understand, although there is some medical terminology

https://www.idsociety.org/practice-guideline/covid-19-guideline-treatment-and-management/

Don't skip the "Discussion" section

Tocilizumab sure sounds like the ticket.

cytochrome P450 interacting stuff makes me a bit uncomfortable. Anything near methylation genetics does, since people have very various genes. Also excess sulfur might be a concern? Not everyone clears it fast, particularly when unnatural amounts of come into the system.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Peter we have managed to implement a cohesive national approach to Covid 19 in Australia - we have a multicultural race - we have states managed by political parties of differing views - we are spread over a greater distance per head of population. The major differences between USA & Aus is the USA is 27% larger than Aus & has a population difference of 23M Aus to 303M USA. It can be done - it is up to the "leaders" to make it happen.

India is far more multicultural, and each state is quite different in terms of language, food, behavior. It has 1.3 bn population dependent on public transport. The country got one of the strictest lockdowns of all countries, and the earliest. They immediately stopped flights from abroad, not allowing people out. Their trains were being converted to hospitals. It's working out quite well on the virus front so far, though economic impact given the large number of poor and those dependent on daily wages is not sustainable. Had the virus got out, it would easily have had the highest death toll due to the density of the population per square foot. If the virus gets into one of the slums, everyone in the slum is immediately exposed.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Good thing we don't have to FaceTime with one another!

We should take a poll next and figure how many days between showers for each member and take bets on who wins.

david
Khun David Lagonda's habit in shower taking will never be a new normal to other people in the forum no matter how severe the virus is. He is the last of the viking I think.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Yes i l left her at the supermarket,2 m distance just isn’t practical in a relationship. Thank you, social distancing !!:eek:

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
That took a while to respond ,lol
I wont go into politics here jeffrey ,
i was just mentioning russia is also making a vaccine .

May be iits ready earlier then the UK one , who knows .
In Belarus they have already developed a cure, vodka and long tractor rides, president Lukachenko insists o_O

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Reactions: Lagonda
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing