Thoughts on Jeff Rowland 925?

tobiasrankin

Mar 7, 2020
For those who have heard them how did they compare to other TOTL amps you have heard? 925 run cool as class D I believe. Might be a nice alternative to the big space heating class A monsters?

ricjor1

Oct 13, 2012
I've heard the 925s in several systems, including one system that I'm as familiar with as my own. In my opinion there are no absolutes in audio and you can easily come to a different conclusion. I find the 925s to sound a little soft in the highs and they don't have the bottom end control/power of some of the other amplifiers that I prefer. Personally, though not class D, I would take Gryphon amplifiers over the 925s and I would listen to the new Jeff Rowland 735 Class AB mono-amplifiers. Although the Absolare mono-amplifiers aren't as powerful as the 925s, I still prefer Absolare to the 925s. The key is to listen and let your own ears decide.

Reactions: tobiasrankin

Al Stewart

May 14, 2017
I own JRDG M925s. They run very cool. I haven't run other amplifiers in my current setup so I'm unable to offer a helpful comparison.

Reactions: rau

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
No-one can decide except you. Recommend audition in your system prior to purchase.

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
I using the very similar JRDG M825 in BiAmping (looks like a pair of M925),
while looking for a powerful amplifier ,
I compared as well the stand by and the full power consumption, as my amps very often do run 14h a day.

M825 and M925 are very power consumption friendly, which is important to me as well.

During my listening session, the Amp competition where the French Goldmund Telos 2500 mono Amps.
The M825 outperformed the Goldmund with ease.

I am currently very happy with the model, as my speakers do need a lot of power, which can be provided by the M825 (and the M925 as well)

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
I've been running my 925's to power these Evolution Acoustics MM3 speakers.
Love their sound and amps run very cool.
I've sold the MM3 and will be using these amps to drive the new MBL 101E II speakers soon.
Thanks!

Attachments

• System.jpg
    System.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
Reactions: Lagonda and shakti

AudioLibertarian

Dec 25, 2017
NEW YORK CITY
I using the very similar JRDG M825 in BiAmping (looks like a pair of M925),
while looking for a powerful amplifier ,
I compared as well the stand by and the full power consumption, as my amps very often do run 14h a day.

M825 and M925 are very power consumption friendly, which is important to me as well.

During my listening session, the Amp competition where the French Goldmund Telos 2500 mono Amps.
The M825 outperformed the Goldmund with ease.

I am currently very happy with the model, as my speakers do need a lot of power, which can be provided by the M825 (and the M925 as well)
Shakti hello,

Were those Goldmund models in your AMP competition the current NExt Gen models, or previous generation amps? In what areas did the M825 "outperformed: the Telos amps in your view? Thanks so much!

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
Shakti hello,

Were those Goldmund models in your AMP competition the current NExt Gen models, or previous generation amps? In what areas did the M825 "outperformed: the Telos amps in your view? Thanks so much!

the Goldmund Amps were not the current "Next Gen" models, so a previous generation amp.
The Telos was playing like a Spectral DMA 360 on steroids, means a lot of resolution and power, but the flow of music was lost.
With the Telos amp it was easy to focus on single details of the reproduction, with the Rowland 825 it was more easy to focus on the music as such. Depending on your personal preference, you might like the one or the other version :)

AudioLibertarian

Dec 25, 2017
NEW YORK CITY
the Goldmund Amps were not the current "Next Gen" models, so a previous generation amp.
The Telos was playing like a Spectral DMA 360 on steroids, means a lot of resolution and power, but the flow of music was lost.
With the Telos amp it was easy to focus on single details of the reproduction, with the Rowland 825 it was more easy to focus on the music as such. Depending on your personal preference, you might like the one or the other version :)
THANKS so much!

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
I've been running my 925's to power these Evolution Acoustics MM3 speakers.
Love their sound and amps run very cool.
I've sold the MM3 and will be using these amps to drive the new MBL 101E II speakers soon.
Thanks!
Please update on your results driving the MBL ‘s, how does it compare to your previous setup ?

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
Still awaiting delivery of the MBL101's.
I'll try to take pics of the set up when they arrive.
Thanks.

Reactions: Lagonda

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing