Round Rock, TX

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Wow, the silence is deafening... :)

leyenda

Mar 2, 2011
Well, maybe unfair to Paradigm but since you insist :) I heard it under show condition only. I have to say I do not always share the same thoughts as Jerry in 10audio, but with the Persona, I think he is spot on, and the review in Absolute Sound is the total opposite to what I heard.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
I had the Persona 7 at home. The review on 10audio is very close to what I've heard.

Muser

Jan 21, 2016
I had the Persona 7 at home. The review on 10audio is very close to what I've heard.

I have not heard these speakers, but my experience with previous iterations of Paradigm is that they're on the lean and slightly bright side of things.

steve59

Jan 7, 2018
i HEARD THE 3F and they were decent. They didn't go deep but bass was tight and these speakers were well broke in and I didn't hear any sibilance or even a bright balance to the sound, I did expect better imaging from such a narrow baffle but that could have been setup.

steve59

Jan 7, 2018
BUMP. I spent a couple hours with the 7f yesterday, they're the 9h without arc and a couple extra powered 8.5" woofers. The room I was in didn't need the 9h as the 7f was as intense an experience as anyone could expect. CLEAR, precise, enveloping and emotional. I actually started laughing uncontrollably during a song because I otherwise would might have started weeping I was so unprepared for what I heard. I quickly put some crummy old rock recording on to gain my composure. Whew, Yea, the old cut sounded average but the decent stuff was transcendental! My current speakers aren't slouch's with 2 11" kevlar woofers in a rear ported big box and i'm lucky to get 50hz in my basement so I probably need the 9H, but I can't imagine many listeners needing more than the 7f. I'm seriously thinking of putting a deposit down on a pair.

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
I see you have the Ushers like me. FYR - I've had quite a few amps on mine and I can tell you that they really like power to get the woofers woken up. You'd be surprised how much more potent, dynamic and precise they are with hundreds of watts in the bass.

steve59

Jan 7, 2018
So far the be-20 has produced the best base I've ever gotten out of that basement

steve59

Jan 7, 2018
I fear it was probably there listening room that contributed to the envelopment of sound and when I bring them into my room they will just sound like another pair of speakers

steve59

Jan 7, 2018
In fact the ushers have been the best sounding speakers I've had to date including some top-of-the-line revels and kef's. I'm going to spend some time with the salesman with my room layout and we'll see if he thinks the 7f will be worth bringing home for a demo. He knows much of my hifi history and already suspects I would have to step up to the 9h to overcome the room. Unfortunately I can't afford the 9h, at least not until there's a 10 year old pair

Reactions: sbo6

steve59

Jan 7, 2018
Latest update, my consultant agrees with you and we're going to work with the speakers I have. Happy/sad because I might be moving from the hegel and may end up moving to the Anthem kit with arc unless there's a stand alone unit I can use with my pre out. I know these speakers can go deeper than 60 hz. And logic suggest 2 11" woofers in a larger box should either go deeper or louder than 2 8.5's in a smaller box. Either way the 7f can knock your socks off.

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
I am glad you are not getting the Paradigms. I heard them at CEDIA a few years ago and didn't have an unpleasant experience but definitely did not find anything to brag about either. I couldn't justify their price tag and the incessant bragging about the "first ever all Be speaker" frustrated me. They were bragging about the bookshelf where many speakers have already done Be tweeters and midrange before with success but augmented them with larger woofers. It just felt like an empty and far-reaching point to brag about.

I still strongly urge you to consider dropping by to hear my current setup. It could possibly not move the needle for you, but I am getting an experience now that I have not had from any other system I've had my ears on.

steve59

Jan 7, 2018
If I wasn't 750 miles away or if it was warm enough to jump on the bike and make a mini vacation out of it I would take you up on the offer. I am impressed with my own BE-20 DMD's, it's just easy to get swayed when I hear another system playing to its potential to forget that my room is crippling my system not the speakers. My listening room has computer desks along 1 wall making useful floor space only 12-13' with the speakers firing the long way 27' deep. I'm going to move things, somehow so I can put the speakers on the long wall to see what it does to the bass null that affects every speaker I bring in. otherwise the ushers present a really flat response in the room, they 'stage and image with the best, are dynamic, and seriously, for such big bruisers I never expected them to be high resolution yet they are as good as any.

steve59

Jan 7, 2018
I mentioned I might deliver the salons to ft worth if I couldn't get decent shipping rates and I could see where that might get you to think i'm around the corner.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing