Three no trumps when vulnerable

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
I especially like the fact that they are making use of these "new" EML tubes that have a lot of gain as DHT (20B and 30A). There is a Polish company called Amare Musica that is using the 30A as a single tube preamp with a nice tube regulated power supply...never heard it but love the elegance of it. I had their tube amp, Entropy Diamond, that had a 20B-V4 driving a 1605-V5; however, I think they cut some corners, which if they had gone all out it would have sounded a lot better than it did, which was OK, but not stellar.

Reactions: zerostargeneral

zerostargeneral

Apr 14, 2018
Morricab, Sir,

You are correct lower power tubes used to be employed. The Elysium to my ears have changed my views on what can be achieved.

KIndest regards,G.

Reactions: morricab

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Beautiful room ! :)

zerostargeneral

Apr 14, 2018
In response the 20b and 30a are truly magical. Emission Labs have created fantastic glass for designers to work with.

I even read the manual and formatted them according to instruction.

I am normally too cavalier to take the time.

KIndest regards,G.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Congratulations on a stunning system in a stunning setting. I have seen the Elysiums at Ricardo's when listening to the XVX with the Robert Kodas which we now have at home. Ricardo is positively enthralled with the Elysiums as you already know well. I was focused on the Robert Kodas and the XVXs and we did not have the time to hear the Elysiums but I look forward to that at some point.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
have you taken up streaming now, can’t see any LPs

• Haha
Reactions: zerostargeneral

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Hello Ebiye,

Congratulations on the Trafomatic components! I fantasize about Trafomatic Drinas on the Pendragons.

I don’t see any linear-tracking tonearm. Are you no longer of the view that pivoting tonearms should never be used on your valuable original LPs?

MRJAZZ

Industry Expert
Jan 20, 2014

Agrail

Nov 26, 2019
Perhaps it's the combination of Avengers imagery, the Garrard and the grandeur? This room strikes me as a place Lord Snowdon would inhabit.
LORD SNOWDON 301 .jpg

zerostargeneral

Apr 14, 2018
Dear Ron,

Thank you for your kind words. You must hear the Drina or Elysium amps to truly grasp the difference.

With regard to the tonearm the devil is in the detail.

P3280256.JPG

The combination of the Viv Labs 7", Swing head-shell, active cartridge and no RIAA is the best tracking best sounding device known to me.

I am on record for saying that the culprits for groove damage are stylus profile, side force and dirt.

Kindest regards,G.

zerostargeneral

Apr 14, 2018
Ah Mr. Linley,

Great spot on the Avengers, how about the car?

The Jacobean fireplace holds a secret or two also.

Kindest regards,G.

Reactions: Agrail

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing