Tidal Audio Speakers cables

Vienna

VIP/Donor
Hi Vienna, humility is a wonderful trait in both humans and audio cables as well. I looked up Vovox but got mostly info on pro audio type cables. Does the company have a website or where can I learn more of their audiophile type cables?

Hi Kenc

VOVOX is a Swiss cables company mainly known for their pro cables which they are very popular among musicians and studios.

I have just tried to visit their site too and couldnt find their hifi home section.

if You will search you will find some reviews their top model line is Fortis.

Vienna

VIP/Donor
I have managed to find some information for you from the manufacturer‘s old site about the Fortis speaker cables;

Speaker cable
An impressive cable in all respects. With a cross section of 8.0 mm2, it is probably the most powerful solid-core cable available on the market. The specially shaped, rhodium plated cable terminations allow for connection without soldering or crimping: Highly pure oriented continuous cast copper from connection to connection - without any joint or interruption. The result is impressive.
  • huge solid core conductors made of oriented continuous cast copper
  • high purity polymers without plasticizers
  • rhodium-plated contacts
  • continuous conductors made of one piece from spade to spade
  • cryogenically treated and conditioned
Cable connection without compromise
The size of the conductors for the textura fortis speaker cables enables us to shape them like spades. As a result, the whole cable consists of two pieces of oriented continuous cast copper - without any joint or interruption. To guarantee permanently perfect contact, the terminations are plated with rhodium on the ready-made, assembled cable.
Alternatively, you can also have the speaker cables assembled with spades or banana plugs from Furutech.
Made in Switzerland
VOVOX® sound conductors are hand-assembled in Switzerland. The cables, including the solder, are lead-free.

Unlimited power
The cables of the textura fortis range are tailormade for the most powerful components available on the market. But how is it possible to achieve both unlimited dynamic range and highest resolution? Although large gauge cables are able to offer powerful sound, too often sound quality remains rather undifferentiated. The combination of the proven and tested VOVOX® textura technology with a cross section of the conductors enlarged by a factor of ten serves as the basis of this feat. The concept appeared to be quite simple, but its realisation turned out to be a challenge. Our meticulousness, persistence and experience helped us to overcome all difficulties. The result sets new standards.

In cooperation with the best
VOVOX® textura fortis was developed and then tested in close cooperation with soulution, an award-winning Swiss manufacturer of high-end premium components. Many auditions and comparisons with the most renowned benchmarks confirmed that we achieved our aim: the optimal connection of very fast, powerful components and the most coherent reproduction of music.
Continuous Cast Copper
For the cables of the VOVOX® textura fortis and textura series we use conductors of ultra pure continuous cast copper. A patented process permits the continuous casting of 99.99998% pure copper. This procedure is most demanding and time-consuming. Thanks to the very, very slow production speed of only a few centimeters per minute, it is possible to control precisely the growth of copper crystals. The result: tailored conductors of highest quality.
Conditioning
VOVOX® textura fortis sound conductors run through a cryogenic treatment at -180°C. Although there are hardly any scientific explanations for the effect of cryogenic treatment and running-in cables, we are sure the effort pays off: the difference is audible. In addition, the assembled cables with the connectors are conditioned in a optimized run-in process. This refinement guarantees optimal audio quality already after a short warm-up time of 10 - 20 minutes. Nevertheless their full potential will be reached after additional 50 - 200 hours of service.

geopolitis

Apr 6, 2016
Slightly off topic but I wonder if anyone has had experience with Organic Cables, the copper-based offshoot of Argento. I have heard neither in my system but I wonder if the Organic's might not be a better fit with my system. I use Contriva G2's with Purist Audio Design cables. No complaints but always looking to shake things up.

Regarding the Organic cables, they have a different sound signature compared to Argento cables due to the use of Copper instead Silver material. They are definitely the best sounding cables in their price range but they lack the resolution and speed of the higher priced Argento models.

I am using the Argento Flow Master Reference IC, Speaker cables and power cables with my Contriva Diacera speakers and feel that I am done with cables. BUT someone that is looking to get this kind of high speed and resolution combined with the ultimate weighty and solid sound, I believe that he should definetely try out the Argento Flow Master Reference Extreme Edition cables.

Trying them in my system was a life changing experience (especially the power cable) but I still cannot really diggest the asking price of those cables... Apart from that, they definitely worth an audition. In the Audioexotics forum in Honkg Kong I have read many positive comments about them and I agree 100% with most of them.

Kenc

Jan 3, 2019
Toronto, Canada
I think finding the right cables is like finding the right wife. Many seasoned audiophiles, like responders on this thread, heave a sigh of relief when they say they are "done with cables". Yes there is likely something that might perform better here or there but it is nigh impossible to audition them and there is a comfort factor in knowing what you've got.

Because of the extra time I have at home, I decided for the first time in many years to move my system from the side and put the components between the speakers. The underlying motivation for this was so I could potentially audition a 1.5 m interconnect rather than a 5-6 m one. I took things apart, cleaned a few connectors, swapped a few power cords here and there and slightly repositioned my speakers over the course of a sweaty two days. I put my 6m PAD Fluid Dominus IC up for sale realizing that this vintage wire would be a tough sell and I would have to take a bigger hit on it than I have had on my investment accounts...to date.

One potential buyer told me he was using 25' for IC between his phono stage and preamp. The next day I moved my analog gear back to the side and hooked it up with the 6m of PAD. This resulted in more free space around my left speaker.

The system, has never sounded better and it didn't cost me a cent. So I appear to be done (for now).

Reactions: Vienna

Vienna

VIP/Donor
I think finding the right cables is like finding the right wife. Many seasoned audiophiles, like responders on this thread, heave a sigh of relief when they say they are "done with cables". Yes there is likely something that might perform better here or there but it is nigh impossible to audition them and there is a comfort factor in knowing what you've got.

Because of the extra time I have at home, I decided for the first time in many years to move my system from the side and put the components between the speakers. The underlying motivation for this was so I could potentially audition a 1.5 m interconnect rather than a 5-6 m one. I took things apart, cleaned a few connectors, swapped a few power cords here and there and slightly repositioned my speakers over the course of a sweaty two days. I put my 6m PAD Fluid Dominus IC up for sale realizing that this vintage wire would be a tough sell and I would have to take a bigger hit on it than I have had on my investment accounts...to date.

One potential buyer told me he was using 25' for IC between his phono stage and preamp. The next day I moved my analog gear back to the side and hooked it up with the 6m of PAD. This resulted in more free space around my left speaker.

The system, has never sounded better and it didn't cost me a cent. So I appear to be done (for now).

I agree with you, I have many similar examples

Last edited:

Vienna

VIP/Donor
The Tidal reference (pure silver) speakers’ cables were installed yesterday afternoon.
I had only listened to them for two hours as I had an evening tennis match.
Straight out of the box and I am very impressed with their resolution, the presentation, the bass definition, the air and the spaces between the instruments.
it seems that a mid bass boost that I was experiencing before - must be from Vovox Textura Fortis (solid 8 AWG copper cables)-has gone.

p.s. Mr @bonzo75, thank you for your constructive comments on my videos

Vienna

VIP/Donor
These cables are really exceptional D3F908F5-05DE-4E97-ACFC-00B27EA113D8.jpeg

Reactions: geopolitis

Vienna

VIP/Donor
Did you buy them directly from Tidal??...I have Contriva Dicera-SEs...I am using Silent Source 'Master Reference' speaker cables..great..What other cables have you used..?

hi, they were purchased new from Tidal.
As I have written earlier in this thread, I have previously tried Ansuz, Jorma, Stealth, Wireworld , Audioquest, Kiber Kable. At the end I was always returning back to my humble solid core 8 AWG copper VOVOX textura fortis. Vovox was offering the solidity, the weight, the presence, the boldness and mass of the sound stage that the other cables were failing to provide me with.

Tidal cables are offering the same sound qualities with Vovox ; and additionally, definitely improved transparency, dynamic attack, leading edge, spaces and way more clean sound. As a result the overall sound experience has reached unprecedented, for me, levels.

I wrote to Jorn about my opinion on his cable and in response he wrote me: :..I always promised you that if you want the truth and reality music reproduction...then all called ,Tidal is your choice....we would not do any cable if it would not be 100% Tidal..

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing