Tiger Woods wins his 5th Green Jacket

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Congratulations Tiger Woods on your 5th Green Jacket. What a great comeback...and what a charge on the final 9!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tango and hvbias

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I wish him luck. He’s still an exceptional golfer. What I could never understand was how he screwed up so bad with all that fame and fortune and being married to someone so drop dead gorgeous. He lost it all.

As Kissinger once said “fame is the greatest aphrodisiac”

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
I wish him luck. He’s still an exceptional golfer. What I could never understand was how he screwed up so bad with all that fame and fortune and being married to someone so drop dead gorgeous. He lost it all.

As Kissinger once said “fame is the greatest aphrodisiac”
True, creative geniuses throughout history seem to have had some fatal flaw. Though no one could deny his talent. Now the question is can Tiger surpass Jack Nicklaus’ record & become the greatest golfer of all time?

Last edited:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Roger Federer already surpassed the Golden Bear as far as individual achievements go. I'm a golf nut but I gotta say my vote for greatest pro athlete ever has got to go tp Roger.

Congratulations to Tiger Woods though. That long downhill putt that skirted the fringe and stopped by the hole had me yelling like a madman. Simply fantastic. NERVES OF STEEL!

Reactions: Bodhi and christoph

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
True, creative geniuses throughout history seem to have had some fatal flaw. Though no one could deny his talent. Now the question is can Tiger surpass Jack Nicholas’s record & become the greatest golfer of all time?

To me, he is already the greatest golfer of all time. I don't think the number of majors is the final metric. Tiger is playing against much deeper competition including all the international players. Jack did not have the same level of competition.

JMO.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Roger Federer already surpassed the Golden Bear as far as individual achievements go. I'm a golf nut but I gotta say my vote for greatest pro athlete ever has got to go tp Roger.

Congratulations to Tiger Woods though. That long downhill putt that skirted the fringe and stopped by the hole had me yelling like a madman. Simply fantastic. NERVES OF STEEL!

MIkaela Shiffrin is in contention to be the one of the greatest if not the greatest athletes of all time. She certainly dominates her sport right now more than anyone in any one sport. Some argue for Serena Williams in terms of pure dominance. We live in an incredible time right now where so many records are being broken by individual athletes. We hear "Greatest of all Time" in quite a few sports right now.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY

yeah but tennis ? LOL. Golf is much harder to stay on top.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
yeah but tennis ? LOL. Golf is much harder to stay on top.

Maybe, but careers in Tennis are so much shorter. I'm pretty sure I can play Tiger for 18 holes and tie at least a hole or two by getting up and down from the tips. On the regular men's tee he'd shoot in the low sixties easy, I might not tie a single hole. I don't see an average tennis player winning more than that in a game much less a set or match.

Anyways, they're all friggin' great. Now I gotta look up this Mikaela Shiffrin lady! :)

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
One thing that clearly separates Tiger from the rest is his ability to play under pressure. There are a ton of equally talented golfers on tour. You could see several of them fold yesterday, including Molinari. When the going gets tough Tiger excels.

Reactions: Bodhi

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Golf is interesting because careers can last quite a while. In the world's two most popular sports, soccer and badminton, the guys at the very top don't last long because the sports are so brutal on the body. At the highest levels of badminton, you peak in your mid to late twenties because after that you simply don't have the stamina to compete against those who are younger. And it is rare to have a singles champion who lasts more than a few years.

Longevity makes golf fairly unique. Of course there are outliers like Tom Brady.

Regardless of athleticism, Tiger had quite an accomplishment yesterday. Hopefully he has a few more in him.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
In one of the interviews Tiger said all his kids remembered or knew about golf due to their young ages was golf giving their dad pain. That he was able to let them experience a win, especially a major was probably the best part of it all for him. Good on you Mr. Woods. Congrats Kids!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Regardless of athleticism, Tiger had quite an accomplishment yesterday. Hopefully he has a few more in him.

I totally agree. Thankfully America has a short memory and has very forgiving people

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing