Tom Cruise How To Watch Movies At Home - With No Motion Smoothing/Interpolation

steve59

Jan 7, 2018
that was embarrassing to watch

steve59

Jan 7, 2018
The first TC video was imo an odd thong fro the celebrity speak out for.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
It's a visual technicality that is important; Tom and the film director of MI6 simply emphasize that video technique aspect which should be turned off. It's serious for serious videophiles.

Tom Cruise is both an audiophile, a videophile and a well rewarded actor, film producer who keeps in shape with everything this side of Hollywood and more.

MI6 without extreme prejudice.

steve59

Jan 7, 2018
No offense intended, I just didn't consider it one of his most impressive roles. Thanks for clarifying.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
If I came up as I was offended, I have to work on my communication skills.
I wasn't offended @ all.

The TV adjustment tip is a good one. That's what I got from it.

My favorite Tom Cruise's movie, in which Tom is @ some of his best role, is Collateral directed by Michael Mann. And I also like his performance in War of the Worlds directed by Steven Spielberg.
Others: Born on the Fourth of July (Oliver Stone), The Color of Money (Martin Scorsese), Magnolia (Paul Thomas Anderson), Eyes Wide Shut (Stanley Kubrick), Jack Reacher (2012), Minority Report (Steven Spielberg), Jerry Maguire (Cameron Crowe), Rain Man and Oblivion. Edge of Tomorrow, that one too.

Some people hate Tom Cruise, others they don't mind too much.
Me I look @ the real man in real life with his real job; actor/film producer.

That video tip is good advice for everyone, no doubt.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
It's a visual technicality that is important; Tom and the film director of MI6 simply emphasize that video technique aspect which should be turned off. It's serious for serious videophiles.

Tom Cruise is both an audiophile, a videophile and a well rewarded actor, film producer who keeps in shape with everything this side of Hollywood and more.

MI6 without extreme prejudice.

AGREED...I appreciated seeing this. It is true that Cruise has a rep as an audiophile, videophile, etc...and while I'm not a fan of his
usual spokesman/frontman for his religious affiliations, I appreciated seeing this piece regarding how to see movies in the way
closest to the way the creators intended.

Question is, does this setting have bearing and effect only on live footage, i.e. real human beings, animals, nature scenes, etc..or
does it also benefit when watching a movie such as Avatar/others that are total CG creations? I'd suspect the answer is yes but
wonder what the folks who know much more on these topics think.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing