Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - MOJO

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

MiTT

Jun 28, 2010
Thornton, Colorado
I always liked "Damn the Torpedo's" and will likely pick up the remaster; but pretty much fell away from Tom Petty, especially during the Traveling Wilbury's period. I did happen to see them on Saturday Night Live playing some songs from this album a month or so ago. It was fantastic! Makes me want to go buy the album.

Kal Rubinson

May 4, 2010
NYC
www.stereophile.com
I thought it was well-recorded but was bored by the content. And lest you want to just mark it up to my lack of interest in pop/rock, my wife was really looking forward to this and also found it boring and repetitive. YMMV.

In any case, it was more listenable than Neil Young's Le Noise (which is honestly titled).

Kal

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I thought it was well-recorded but was bored by the content. And lest you want to just mark it up to my lack of interest in pop/rock, my wife was really looking forward to this and also found it boring and repetitive. YMMV.

In any case, it was more listenable than Neil Young's Le Noise (which is honestly titled).
Kal

I've been hearing those same comments from my friends. A shame really as I am a Neil Young fan......

John

MC352

Aug 27, 2010
CT
I saw Tom Petty in concert recently, they played a few tunes from that record. The songs were pretty good, but I didn't run out to buy it.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
I thought musically Mojo was one of the best releases last year. The regular CD has pretty good sonics to boot.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing