Tomasz Stanko Dead at 76

zerostargeneral

Apr 14, 2018
Totally off topic,I am overwhelmed by the reference to Mies.

Another very smart forum member indeed.

Kindest regards,G.

p.s.I agree with great for this man.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I have a few of his recordings carried with ECM - great music. He was a great composer and trumpet performer and played with great artists - but one of my preferred ones, Lontano , was played by all polish jazz musicians.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)

This is very sad news for the world of jazz and world in general; he was one of the all-time great trumpeters, unique, innovative, even where he was
clearly influenced by Miles and others, he added his own special signature to all he did. I have AFAIK everyone album he appeared on including his
own solo works as well as works withs Manu Katche and others. He had finesse, artistry, range on some of his earlier work to equal Faddis and other
greats and was a trusted set of discs in the library for me for pure music listening as well as some tremendous demo material.

R.I.P. Tomasz,...you will be missed!

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
Very sad to learn of this..R.I.P Tomasz Stanko.

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Sorry to hear of his passing, much substance always in his music and such a clear musical voice as an artist, will play his Wislawa tonight and in a small way celebrate his work. Rest In Peace Tomasz Stanko, you were a musical gem for sure.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing