Tonearm upgrade Project JukeBox E

Akyskylz

Jul 25, 2021
Can you upgrade the tonearm on the Project Jukebox E? For example to the Project Carbon tonearm?

Akyskylz

Jul 25, 2021
Thanks for the info on the 8.6 inch size. What about this? Would this work?

Project 8.6cc Debut Carbon Tonearm Replacement​

The Replacement Pro-Ject 8.6 CC Tonearm (1944 191 410) has been designed to fit the Debut Carbon, Debut Carbon Esprit SB and PS01-Wave Pro-Ject turntables. Manufactured from Carbon, the 8.6CC is quite a special tonearm being incredibly rigid yet lightweight gives it has the quality it need to ensure your vinyl records sound simply staggering.

docvale

Mar 21, 2011
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Measurement wise, yes.
You should check how easy the process of removing the old arm would be.

Curiosity: why would you change arm with another from the same maker and the limitations of the same length?
I'm asking since I'm in a similar situation (8.6" Pro-Ject arm, on an RPM 1.3) and I came to the resolution that I'm going to either invest on a new, better cartridge or I'll change the entire vinyl rig with something that is born on a higher level (e.g., Rega P8).

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland
Ortofon 5E cartridge have you tried a better stylus 10/20
Jukebox intended as a all in one modern music centre

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing