Top Gun: Maverick (2020) / Official Trailer

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Still can sell though. Money money.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
some things should be left alone.........

Totally agree

Nothing will top the first one
Looking I'm sure for big returns when guys like me go to see it. If it's no good it will die a quick death

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
some things should be left alone.........

Like Avengers 4? It made $2,782.3 billion so far. Before the end of this month it will be the top worldwide grossing movie ever (non-adjusted for inflation), finally surpassing the supreme leader for the last ten years, Avatar.

Top Gun 2 will make money...it has the right ingredients in it; speed, cinematography, sound and charisma. :)

It's like Led Zeppelin II

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I will see it regardless. I hope they do their best to keep the cgi to a minimum. The first top gun had great flight footage.

This one will have amazing flight footage; I have been following its development for a while now...cameras and all. It'll be a top flight.

Check the cockpit shot...from 1:03 to 1:14
And from 1:40 to 1:44

With Tom Cruise and company you are also assured of top sound, excellent surround immersion, superior low frequencies, guts wrenching and high caliber music delivery.

Last edited:
Reactions: timztunz

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
There is a funny anecdote here. When top gun hit the the cinema I was still a kid, and not allowed to go to the big city cinemas on my own. For some reason my mom missed taking me out to this one, and all my other friends had seen it. That angered me, and to rebel and teach my mom a lesson I sneaked out to the city to watch a movie on my own. That taught me how to do it, and I soon became a "go out on my own to watch a movie" addict. Therefore, if not for top gun, I might never have got into movies. It was the first movie with massive Dolby type effects in Mumbai

When I eventually did get round to seeing it, I did not like it that much, thought Tom cruise was a joke, and liked Val Kilmer.

Also, in a couple or so years after that, I was pretty tall at 13 and 14, so put on a loose t-shirt, my grandma's cataract sunglasses, and went for an over 18 movie. They let me in but threw my friend out. He was a few months older.

Reactions: the sound of Tao

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
When I eventually did get round to seeing it, I did not like it that much, thought Tom cruise was a joke, and liked Val Kilmer.

Mavrick inspired me to ride a Ninja 600 to college when I could have driven an M3 LOL. What was I thinking? :p

Val Kilmer was even more a poser than Tom Cruise in that movie.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Little known fact... "Dog fights" in airplanes... For decades now whenever one plane shoots down another, the one getting shot usually has no idea the other is there. Also, the distance between them is miles, nearly exclusively.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Mavrick inspired me to ride a Ninja 600 to college when I could have driven an M3 LOL. What was I thinking? :p

Val Kilmer was even more a poser than Tom Cruise in that movie.

You are too conservative to be a maverick Tang, even at university age

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Fans of Top Gun have eagle's eyes...some ...
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/othe...crucial-china-is-as-a-movie-market/ar-AAEC0Ki

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
Ot
Some factors that might be of interest to some of us ...
? https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertain...-top-gun-maverick-love-letter-aviation-462784

* Extra:

Because I've been following the making of this sequel for almost a year now it goes without saying how excited I am, like anything else in life super fast.

Definitely glad they are bringing this out! Powerful cast with Cruise, Harris (great choice for this role), Haim, Teller, etc....conflicting stories about Kilmer coming back or not but latest writings seem to say yes, he will be in some form or another. Faltermeyer and Loggins are back on the soundtrack,....

Flight sequences look even more intense and with today's cine tech behind them, hi-def cams, etc...

Will be a huge rush and a wild ride, I cannot wait!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Guy sitting behind gear, Cruise in Top Gun.

Guy sitting behind gear, anyone on this forum.

I sure as Hell can't tell the difference!

Reactions: bonzo75

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Sure Bob.
Just that there are lifestyles, and then there are LIFESTYLES!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing