Totaldac new DACs

totaldac

Industry Expert
Aug 17, 2012
France
www.totaldac.com
Hi All,
This new year will see the birth of 3 new Totaldac DACs, still upgradable for any other d1 DAC.
3 different DAC levels based on the same new findings.
They should be announced very soon and available rapidly as well.

A new demo room acoustics in Totaldac headquarter, a several-year project, was a first step.
Next steps were upgraded speakers, amplifier and general system optimisation, already much above the system on demo in Munich High End 2022 Totaldac room.
Getting an analog master tape player helped also to know what could to be improved again in DACs.

You can also listen to this DAC at the next Munich HighEnd show, room F123, but we have time for that.

So happy new year!

VPN

VIP/Donor
Dec 28, 2013
Hi All,
This new year will see the birth of 3 new Totaldac DACs, still upgradable for any other d1 DAC.
3 different DAC levels based on the same new findings.
They should be announced very soon and available rapidly as well.

A new demo room acoustics in Totaldac headquarter, a several-year project, was a first step.
Next steps were upgraded speakers, amplifier and general system optimisation, already much above the system on demo in Munich High End 2022 Totaldac room.
Getting an analog master tape player helped also to know what could to be improved again in DACs.

You can also listen to this DAC at the next Munich HighEnd show, room F123, but we have time for that.

So happy new year!
Dear Vincent,
I am looking forward to hearing more about the new top of the line DAC. The upgrade from d1-twelve SE to D1-twelve mk3 was already a big sonic improvement!

Reactions: totaldac

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Will this be a new D1-twelve Mk IV or a completely new system (even if still allowing for predecessors to be upgraded)?

totaldac

Industry Expert
Aug 17, 2012
France
www.totaldac.com
Will this be a new D1-twelve Mk IV or a completely new system (even if still allowing for predecessors to be upgraded)?
The d1-twelve-mk3 will keep available.
It is a higher end DAC.
There will be also two models of one-box DACs.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
The d1-twelve-mk3 will keep available.
It is a higher end DAC.
There will be also two models of one-box DACs.
Thank you! I have spoken off-line with Arnie of Texas/Rockport Arrakis + REL 6-pack fame. He has spoken glowingly of your digital and as you may know, has been not only extremely discerning with all of his choices...but also demonstrated a near unlimited appetite to pursue the ends of excellence.

Reactions: cmarin and arnies

totaldac

Industry Expert
Aug 17, 2012
France
www.totaldac.com
Thank you! I have spoken off-line with Arnie of Texas/Rockport Arrakis + REL 6-pack fame. He has spoken glowingly of your digital and as you may know, has been not only extremely discerning with all of his choices...but also demonstrated a near unlimited appetite to pursue the ends of excellence.
Yes Arnie is really a reference user. Thank you Arnie!

Reactions: VPN and arnies

NICO

Jan 2, 2023
Dear Vincent, I can't wait to know more !!!! I already find my Totaldac system so amazing...

Last edited:

jaxdr

Feb 21, 2017
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Hello Vincent,
As a TD d1-12 owner, will we still be offered an upgrade option to this higher end DAC?
Also thank you for expressing your willingness to explore a new input option to your DAC's from Emile/Taiko, TACDD. I would imagine it may
be too soon at this point but could this new DAC be included with this input?

totaldac

Industry Expert
Aug 17, 2012
France
www.totaldac.com
Hello Jaxdr,
Yes the d1-twelve can be upgraded to the new 4-box highest end DAC.

I can't say much yet about the new Taiko interface, it might be rather installed in a special reclocker but it is too early to be sure.

jaxdr

Feb 21, 2017
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Vincent,
Thank You!

lordcloud

Jul 5, 2016
Round Rock, Texas
Will there be a new version of the D1 Dual?

totaldac

Industry Expert
Aug 17, 2012
France
www.totaldac.com
Will there be a new version of the D1 Dual?

No there is not a new version of dual but they are two different one-box DACs, each having unbalanced and balanced outputs.
There are new DACs in d1-familly, there are not a next version (mk2, mk3...) of existing DACs.
Many parts in the architecture, schematics and components are new.

cmarin

VIP/Donor
Jul 16, 2011
Texas
Hello Jaxdr,

I can't say much yet about the new Taiko interface, it might be rather installed in a special reclocker but it is too early to be sure.
Hi Vincent,

The d1-12mk3 DAC/Taiko Extreme is already a wonderfully engaging combo.

I can only imagine to what new heights the updated totaldac/taiko interface would elevate the combo’s already sublime performance.

Glad to hear there are ongoing discussions to hopefully make it a reality. Count me in!

Reactions: VPN and totaldac

totaldac

Industry Expert
Aug 17, 2012
France
www.totaldac.com

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Very exciting!

cat6man

Feb 6, 2013
west of NYC, east of SF
Hello Jaxdr,

bonjour vincent!

this is great news across the board and i look forward to hearing this.

also, as regards any new interface, in my opinion the reclocker is the place -unless- the reclocker is no longer needed for SQ and a direct interface sounds better. if the reclocker still improves the sound, that is where the improved interface should go (at least at first!)

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing