Totem Metal V2

grandsoir

Dec 28, 2020
I am going to order the Metals V2 from a local hear in Sweden and I also asked the seller if the the Totem Tribe solution sub is a good complement to the Metals v2. I was thinking about adding 2 x subs which will be 4 8" drivers. These are driven by internal amps as I understand it. What do you guys think about this idea? I auditioned them with Prima Luna 400
Which electronics go hand in hand with the Totems Metal V2? I was thinking about Pass Labs either the 2 x 150W or 2x 300W mono blocks. Please let me know if there is any electronics you do feel is better suited. Any other tips on how to optimize the sound from the speakers? This is my living room. Any other suggestions? No budget on the electronics. I´m going for a streamer solution and have heard good things about DCS Bartok, but if you have any other suggestions, let me know.

Attachments

• sovrum.jpg
    sovrum.jpg
    690 KB · Views: 15

Gene 15352

Feb 18, 2013
Canada
Hello grandsoir. I used to own a pair of Totem Mani 2 many years ago. Great company to deal with and great sounding speakers. I have listened to the original version of the Metal in great length with several sounding amps and you will be very happy with your purchase. I'm sure the V2 series will just be that much better. You can't go wrong with either the Prima Luna or Pass but I would definitely get the Pass or anything Class A with high power wattage. The Metal's really like high current power and sweet sounding amps. You do not need subs with this speaker. Keep them at least 6 feet away from the front wall and Totem design is meant for very little toe-in. Totem's speaker cables are pretty good value as well. Hope this helps.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing