Tp 016

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Now what I'm curious about is which mix did the Tape Project use for TP16. From what I've read, Rundgren (US) and Johns (UK) prepared two different mixes. Johns' was apparently used for the original and 2000 reissue; the later DCC reissue, however, used the Rundgren mix.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
I'm member 088. Where are you? Mike Lavigne must be 001

i'm Charter Subscriber #34; which typically means i'm in the first day shipping.....and....they are now shipped from Poulsbo, Washington (where Docb--Dan Schmale--lives).....which is across Puget Sound from the Seattle area....so i typically get mine the next day. they formerly (until last summer) were shipped from Paul's studio.

there are likely other local Charter subscibers who get it the same day too, but they don't post about it.

look at it this way. the number '88' is magical in the Far East so if you ever sell your Tape Project tapes you'll get a premium. '34' is about as bad as it gets as a number. personally; i could care less about one digit or another but some consider it important.

c1ferrari

May 15, 2010
Received mine Thursday...hope to listen this weekend:cool:

jcmusic

May 20, 2010
Just Outside New Orleans, La.
I am with the guys who passed on this one just not my cup of tea!!! So I eagerly wait for the one in the the hope it is one of my picks. I only have the select subscription, couldn't see spending for the Classical's since I rarley listen to any.

Jay

jcmusic

May 20, 2010
Just Outside New Orleans, La.
Hi Steve,
Well I like alot of different music but, mainly classic rock, some pop, jazz, and blues. I have listened to classic rock most of my life along with jazz being there is so much of it here. I not too long ago started to listen to blues on a more serious level, and really am statrting to get in to it!!!

Jay

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
So Steve and Sam,

Have you played your copies of Stage Fright yet?????

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

c1ferrari

May 15, 2010
So Steve and Sam,

Have you played your copies of Stage Fright yet?????

Hi Myles,

Sorry for the delay in response...been ensconced in tube chasing, storage shed researching (to store all those boxes from the gear - lol), trip planning, trip taking ;), etc.! Have only listened once to Side "A"...my spouse, Sonny, digs it because it's rather different from other Tape Project offerings in style, thus far.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing