Transfiguration Co

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
What is the recommended retipping service for Proteus carts? Or was it going to be sent to Transfiguration (which I assume is no longer an option)?

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe -
Mine had come to its end and it was nearing about 2000 hours. I knew that there was an improved version of the Proteus (purer silver wires) and I asked the distributor whether I could swap my cartridge against a new one. My cartridge was sent to Japan for inspection and they instructed the distributor to give me a new cartridge from his own inventory. This was done for the same fee as for a retipping. I had a new cartridge in less than 3 weeks.

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
One data point... The VDH US importer told me they can retip Transfiguration carts. I'm wondering what other options exist.

Reactions: DaveyF

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
Some years back I worked for a transfiguration retailer and we sent a customer to Torlai in Italy for a retip and all went well....

Reactions: bazelio

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
One data point... The VDH US importer told me they can retip Transfiguration carts. I'm wondering what other options exist.

Apparently AJ is able to retype just about any cartridge. I was told that the service is offered if I needed it for my Benz.I was also told that AJ used to supply to Benz their cantilevers and styluses!

Reactions: bazelio

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing