Transparent Gen 5 Super vs Gen 6 Plus

WLP3

Apr 6, 2022
I am currently looking at upgrading my speaker cables to some higher level Transparent cables. I am looking at Gen 5 Super level and Gen 6 Plus level. Both are about $1K.

Any thoughts on what your choice would be?

Thanks!

Karen Sumner

Industry Expert
Apr 18, 2021
I am currently looking at upgrading my speaker cables to some higher level Transparent cables. I am looking at Gen 5 Super level and Gen 6 Plus level. Both are about $1K.

Any thoughts on what your choice would be?

Thanks!
Hi, WLP3 -

What will work best for you now depends upon your speakers and amplifier and what your upgrade plans are for the future.

WLP3

Apr 6, 2022
Hi, WLP3 -

What will work best for you now depends upon your speakers and amplifier and what your upgrade plans are for the future.
Thanks, Karen. I currently have Harbeth P3 ESR XDs and will be moving to Wilson Tune Tots. Currently have an Audio Research I 50 Integrated amp. I can see myself moving to Wilson Sabrina Xs with a higher output Audio Research Integrated or separates. Thoughts?

WLP3

Apr 6, 2022
Hi, WLP3 -

Hi Again, Karen. Can previously owned cables be considered in the trade in program?

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Hi WLP3, I've owned a few pairs of Wilsons in my life. I suspect these tune tots are great and punch way above their price point for the installations they are intended. Wilson, Audio Research and Transparent are a great combo! I am sure Karen will answer your specific questions, I just couldn't resist saying congrats and it's going to sound great ! Welcome to What's Best Forum too!

Reactions: kennyb123 and WLP3

Karen Sumner

Industry Expert
Apr 18, 2021
Hi Again, Karen. Can previously owned cables be considered in the trade in program?
If you purchase the pre-owned cables from an authorized Transparent dealer, they are fully warranted and are eligible for the upgrade program. If you purchase the cables from a 3rd party seller (private or dealer), you can purchase a warranty from a Transparent dealer for approximately 15% of the value of the cable when it was new. The warranty entitles you to participate in the Transparent Upgrade Program. Most people who purchase from a third party, purchase the warranty at the time they decide to upgrade to a higher performance level.

Karen Sumner

Industry Expert
Apr 18, 2021
Thanks, Karen. I currently have Harbeth P3 ESR XDs and will be moving to Wilson Tune Tots. Currently have an Audio Research I 50 Integrated amp. I can see myself moving to Wilson Sabrina Xs with a higher output Audio Research Integrated or separates. Thoughts?
Hi, WLP3 —

That sounds like a very sweet system! PLUS is a perfect companion to your system as it grows to include Tune Tots. If you do go in the direction of Sabrina Xs at some point, you could optimize your system with SUPER, or even better, ULTRA. SUPER and ULTRA have more controlled low frequency performance with ULTRA providing the most solidity at lower frequencies. If you want to take advantage of our upgrade program, which I strongly recommend given what you have shared about your system plans so far, your best option would be to buy the new GEN 6 PLUS from an authorized dealer. You will receive more trade-in value for new PLUS than you would pre-owned GEN 5 SUPER, particularly if you are purchasing SUPER from a 3rd party. Third party pre-owned cables are not eligible for the upgrade program without first purchasing a warranty. Please see my reply on that subject above.

I hope this information helps. Thanks for reaching out. We are always happy to help customers sort out their best system plan.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing