Transportation of Focal Stella

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Shifting house . Time to move to a new dedicated audio room. Need to carry the speakers a few flights up to the top floor . Is concern whether the focal can be carried horizontally & whether the neck can take its own weight . There is some kind of a metal bracing separating the tweeter from the mid range drivers . No info in manual & Focal French response is classic, saying something yet saying nothing . Any help much appreciated . Even the new local distributor is not sure

Dear Sir,

Excuse please our limited English vocabulary.
Use to the French support is only in charge of France.
Yyou can directly have all information about our products.

The right way is contact our official distributoras indicated below.

<<<in carrying the focal stella horizontally <<<
Use to no, because its the way as the drivers move.

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
image.jpg

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I would say you could certainly carry them horizontally since crates are not always standing straight up. Now the tricky part is support of the sections. If you could place them in the crate and transport them horizontally, that would be best. Otherwise, I'd get 2-3 people to support the mid sections when you carry them.

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Bruce thanks. I think your suggestion make sense . Anyway , wondering how strong is the " neck " area ?

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
A handy tip is to wrap them in glad wrap/clinchfilm to protect surface

Also the main issue is torsional force through metal spine when carrying

Standing is compressive
horizontal even when carried, rotation between mid segment and others especially lower segment are to be avoided no matter how many carry it
Rapid move to the crates is the best protection

Regards and good luck

A

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
So are Filipinos :)

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Do contact the manufacturer. These speakers came to you in some way, it would be best to ask them their advices. all that IMHO.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
If you are not disassembling them, I would carry them as close to vertical as you can.

I don't think foam between the sections will reduce the lever function on the speaker's frame much at all--it will just take up space between the layers but most of the bending FORCE, not necessarily the bending itself, will still stress the frame.

Those speakers are expensive and a round trip to Focal for a repair will not be cheap, not to mention the time you will lose to enjoy them.

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Do contact the manufacturer. These speakers came to you in some way, it would be best to ask them their advices. all that IMHO.

I did asked . Refer to my thread . Couldn't make sense with the Focal French Manglish. Spore distributor couldn't help. In fact , they delivered a pair of Stella to a friend yesterday with speakers in crates - heavy .
Look like I better get movers to transport it & walk three flights of stairs to my audio room with speakers in vertical position

TheMadMilkman

Sep 7, 2010
Email them back and ask them to provide the response in French. Then run the response through Google translate, or ask online.

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing