Travis Scott - "Look Mom I Can Fly" / Netflix Music Documentary

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Last night was purely accidental. I simply click on "More Info" and after few seconds it started playing.
Within the first thirty seconds I was looking for my remote to press stop, then another thirty seconds went by before I realized that my remote fell off and broke down.

Anyway to make a story short I ended up watching the full 85 minutes documentary.

Yes it was extremely painful for the ears, for the psyche, for the intellectually, ..for everything spirirual snd physical.
Then why did I keep watching the full doc? Very simple to answer that; because I was curious of his audiences...the young generation of RAP kids...his fanbase.
This is not your Classical music kids base, no sir.

I've just read this for anyone interested ...
https://www.complex.com/music/2019/08/travis-scott-look-mom-i-can-fly-review-essay

The creative artistic music he develops in pro recording studios and in other venues with his friends, in the back passenger seats, living rooms, by the swimming pool, etc., is not what WBF forums would find solace in, no sir.
There's simply no art here, it's all roaring and artifices with fireworks and blasting fake noise...and woofing.
The kids they simply love him, you have to check his audiences...it's very different than a classical music concert in a hall.

We also follow him before and after shows, and with his family too...beautiful wife and lovely two children.
Those are great moments of the heart, no doubt. His grandmother appears too, a tour of his old room, when he was a kid @ home, his chains collection, his teeth, cars, part of his growing up, the Grammy's awards, the Super Bowl half show, Chicago, and other venues. He's a big star for his fans, and it's truly impressive to see waves of them all moving in sync. It's like a gathering of multiple thousands of cell lights, a roaring event, a jumping in the crowd.

It's all artificial and powerful @ the same time. There is zero music value, but kids love it and pay to see it as the best show on earth. It's lucrative for Travis, very, and why stop having all that stardom while having fun in your stadiums and mansions with your buddies and family and friends.

It's not for RAP, because it's total crap; it's for everything else surrounding it...and all the young fans supporting the ecstatic shows of his.

I'm amazed that I watched the full 85 minutes (the rolling credits are loaded with video clips).
Do I recommend it to WBF audience? ...Some of your grandchildren will be mesmerized, even some of you.
Others won't even dare to go there, some will exit within couple minutes.
If you go with an open mind, putting all your life's principles aside, are curious about some young generations, to learn more on what turn them on, Travis Scott's world, ...you'll be somewhere between "unbelievable" and "85 minutes of your life completely and forever vanished and irrecuperable".

Dare make your move ...

Beautiful wife and kid ...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing