Triode Labs / Finale Audio

Dimfer

Member Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada
anybody familiar with these two Canadian brands by Frank Ng?

they seem to make good products but I can’t find any discussion here involving them. Not “Best” enough? Not expensive enough?

I had been chatting with Frank and is very interested to get the Triode Evo 45 integrated as an alternate amp for my horn system, but want to know first the good, the bad and the ugly..

comments will be appreciated. 44A89067-EE3B-4DC3-8B02-60D1F59E3B73.jpeg

godofwealth

Feb 8, 2022
I use the Triode Labs 45M monoblocks to drive a pair of Klipsch La Scala horn loudspeakers. They work very well. I’m using a pair of Emission Labs mesh plate 45 tubes, a bit pricey for a e5, but the amps work well with inexpensive RCA 45s as well. Build quality is very good. There’s a very slight transformer hum, but I’ve had many solid state amplifiers with worse hum. No noise from the La Scalas. They are 105 dB efficient, so the amps have to be really quiet.

0B88C789-589F-47CA-A778-DEC194966DA1.jpeg

Reactions: NickMimi

godofwealth

Feb 8, 2022
No worries. I’ve experimented with several SETs over the past year. My current favorite is an Oliver Sayes SET based on the Western Electric 421a tube. One output tube for both channels. 3 watts. Sounds heavenly. Fortunately NOS WE 421a tubes have not yet reached the stratospheric prices of their 300B tubes.

FFFE09E0-9597-49F1-9F8A-4E7BFD26C29C.jpeg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing