Triple Frontier | Netflix

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
"The film stars Ben Affleck, Oscar Isaac, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, and Pedro Pascal, and follows a group of former Special Operations soldiers who reunite to plan a heist job of a South American crime boss."

It started promising with good cinematography and a great cast of actors. The storyline seems farfetched but is it really ... it depends.

This is no small budget flick, the production values are right there onscreen...visually and auditory.
I got hooked I have to admit, but there were just too many moments of disbelief, and lines delivery that didn't make reality sense. Plus it was just too easy to get a hold of all that cash, I mean a lot of cash, a crazy amount of cash. Was it in a better safe than in a bank? It depends of what you make out of it, but it sure has a certain "value" to it. It's up to the viewer to decide.

Anyway the concept I like, the actors too, the sceneries, the action.
But other things I like much less, too easy and too fabricated.
I could see that it could have been a better film, a longer one too, like approximately 180 minutes for better development and more realistic approach without robotic fabric. The film is two hours long, it flies by very easily by not letting go of what's coming up next.

I'm having a hard time to score it; in one way it's serviceable, on another the potential is lost, it's just another job to cash in. I'm going to be very generous here and say "give it a shot" ... you might find more or less than I did. Some scenes you are going to like I think, a good fair bunch.

Overall (everything...film value with technical aspects): 65

That's my minimum score for serviceability.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing