Trouble Shooting Help.

Cyclone

Sep 22, 2022
Hi, I'm new hear. sorry if this is the wrong forum.

I have this ONKYO receiver and Samsung TV

TX-NR609

UN55RU8000FXZC

I tried various youtube surround sound tests but I get no sound from my Rear Left and Right Speakers when the video says "Rear Left". Same thing occurs with my 4K Blu-Ray player. The Left, Center, Right speakers work.

My receiver used to auto detect sound formats when playing a movie on my 4k Player but not any more...

I am not sure what it is. the cables or an option?

Thanks for your help.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello and welcome to the WBF.

Let's start with the basics. Are the rear speakers wired/connected? Are you 100% sure?

If so, unhook your main speaker cables from the main speakers and hook them up your surrounds, as if they were the mains. At a very low volume, play your (new) mains. Are they making sounds?

Tom

Cyclone

Sep 22, 2022
Hello and welcome to the WBF.

Let's start with the basics. Are the rear speakers wired/connected? Are you 100% sure?

If so, unhook your main speaker cables from the main speakers and hook them up your surrounds, as if they were the mains. At a very low volume, play your (new) mains. Are they making sounds?

Tom
Thanks for the quick reply.
Yes they are connected. Using my receivers sound test it works like
it should

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
Unhook your main speaker cables from the main speakers and hook them up your surrounds, as if they were the mains. At a very low volume, play your (new) mains. Are they making sounds?

Tom

Cyclone

Sep 22, 2022
No sure what you mean. Each speaker is connected to the back of the receiver individually.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
Troubleshooting 101.

You need to actually troubleshoot and not rely on what is currently "known".

I ask again for to unhook your main speaker cables from the main speakers and hook them up your surrounds, as if they were the mains. At a very low volume, play your (new) mains. Are they making sounds?

If you have any specific questions, please ask.

If you do not know what I am talking about, please ask a friend who is versed in audio to help you out. We cannot help you unless you help us to help you.

Tom

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing