Trumpet videos

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR
It's been a few years since first posting this track. But that was also many changes ago.

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR
Give it at least some juice.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Nice cafe

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR
Tape , does anybody has vinyl and digital to compare

Here's my flavor via digital.

And here's what appears to be some "official" youtube digital flavor.

Crank 'em all - all the way up.

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR
I put this out there a while back but that was quite a few improvements ago. Not a big jazz fan but always appreciate a robust sax. Give it at least some juice.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Here's my flavor via digital.

And here's what appears to be some "official" youtube digital flavor.

Crank 'em all - all the way up.
Hollow can sound on the voice...again... especially when Hugh gets dynamic with his voice.

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR
Hollow can sound on the voice...again... especially when Hugh gets dynamic with his voice.

lol You do err again. But as I said before. In sports athletes are only as good as their last shift so presumably the high-end audio enthusiast is only as good as their last posted video. Considering the exceedingly poor level of musicality in seemingly all of your videos exude these past years, I’m compelled to revert to my original question that you never answered…

You can’t be serious, can you?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: morricab

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland

lol You do err again. But as I said before. In sports athletes are only as good as their last shift so presumably the high-end audio enthusiast is only as good as their last posted video. Considering the exceedingly poor level of musicality in seemingly all of your videos exude these past years, I’m compelled to revert to my original question that you never answered…

My videos sound more like the real thing than yours do with the "hollow can" with every track.

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
You know the drill by now , cans on or in if feasible and crank her up . Go to YouTube for best fidelity .

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
Tape , does anybody has vinyl and digital to compare

I do.
I have 45rpm vinyl and Burmester III Cd. A couple of years ago I compared vinyl and Cd versions of this track, vinyl is significantly better. If I’m not mistaken I did the same comparison on a friend’s system and the result was the same.

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR
My videos sound more like the real thing than yours do with the "hollow can" with every track.
You forgot to close your eyes and click your heels 3 times.

wil

Jul 22, 2015

What is the string quartet music/recording from the top video?

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
What is the string quartet music/recording from the top video?
It's off this album Sol & Pat

Sol Gabetta

Track is XENAKIS Dhipli Zyia

It is only a duo, not a quartet.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Right! I only listened for a few seconds, but it caught my attention. Pat… is a heck of a violinist.
I uploaded a couple of other from that album. One where they play mostly pizzicato (plucking) that is also quite nice...maybe one other as well. Yes, she is really talented but the cellist is no slouch either!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing