Turn It Up!!!: New classic rock album on tape

May 5, 2020
Hello! I've been monitoring this forum for a while, but this is my first post. Normally, I would not be comfortable making my first "contribution" an offer to purchase something. But when I was encouraged by Myles Astor to "speak up" on his Audio Nirvana Forum, I figured it might be alright to do the same here. I also got a very kind email message from Ron Resnick which served to encourage me further. Thanks, Miles and Ron!

It all started a while back when an audiophile tape-loving friend of mine (and an avid member of this forum) and I were discussing the renaissance of music delivered on tape and the new releases that have come out. He complained, “There’s NO ROCK!” That got me thinking how much fun it would be to put out a classic rock album on analog tape.

I was preparing to build an in-house recording studio for my little boutique label, Mastercraft Recordings. So, I decided to build it from the ground up to be able to deliver music on analog tape for committed audiophile tape lovers. And, at long last, we are now offering our first classic rock release by our studio ensemble, Analog Warrior, titled “Turn It Up!!!”

Turn It Up!!! Is comprised of ten reimagined classic rock cover songs. This is music you already know but with a fresh, new, intriguing interpretation. You don’t have to imagine what the album is like because you can audition the songs in entirety by streaming them right off of the Mastercraft website.

Not only can you listen to the tracks to decide if you want the tape, the website is the ultimate “liner notes” for the album. There you can learn all about the label, the studio, the players, the ideology of production and much more.

Your tape will not be a copy. It will be made first-generation directly from the multitrack source ensuring that it sounds entirely alive. Pricing for this title is comparable to other audiophile tape issues. Please email me - steve@mastercraftrecordings.com - with your questions.

So, head for the website. http://www.mastercraftrecordings.com Audition the music, check out the info and let me know if you would like to own Turn It Up!!! on analog tape and/or CD.

Thanks!

-- Steve Puntolillo

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Congratulations, Steve, on the release of your first project! This is a wonderful development, and many tape enthusiasts here will appreciate your strenuous efforts to deliver on tape highest-fidelity, all-analog new recordings of our favorite rock and pop songs!

I especially liked your recording of "Love the One You're With"!

Reactions: Steve Puntolillo
May 5, 2020
Congratulations, Steve, on the release of your first project! This is a wonderful development, and many tape enthusiasts here will appreciate your strenuous efforts to deliver on tape highest-fidelity, all-analog new recordings of our favorite rock and pop songs!

I especially liked your recording of "Love the One You're With"!

Thank you, Ron!

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
How did you come to develop this project, which I assume is a "passion project" and a "labor of love" kind of thing?

Reactions: Steve Puntolillo
May 5, 2020
How did you come to develop this project, which I assume is a "passion project" and a "labor of love" kind of thing?

Thanks Ron. You have been so supportive and I really appreciate it.

You're absolutely correct. It's very clear that this is not a high-volume business. I did this this out of enthusiasm for the music and for the small but enthusiastic audience who will actually *listen* intently. What an honor that is!

The history of this first release goes way back to the early 80's and the story is just too much to relate here. But suffice it to say that Turn It Up!!! is a project I've wanted to do for decades. I finally reached a point in my life where I could purpose-build a facility, find the right musicians and make it happen.

There is a ton of specific info on the website ( www.mastercraftrecordings.com ) which explains in depth the ideology of Mastercraft Recordings. There are lots of illustrative pictures to help keep it interesting. I'll include just one with this post. I would encourage anyone who is curious to check it out. And, of course, I'm happy to answer any questions that come up. Just ask.

Panorama1_02.jpg

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing