Turntable platter-LP impedance match

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
As you know guys, I started a thread to get some info or traction, but to no avail. I'm a little more filled in on why the thread didn't go anywhere.

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
As you know guys, I started a thread to get some info or traction, but to no avail. I'm a little more filled in on why the thread didn't go anywhere.

I was very sick at the time, but better now.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I'm sure we're all v pleased to hear that, Win.

I'm sorry if I came across as an impatient hardarse when complaining about lack of feedback.

Last edited:

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I'm sure we're all v pleased to hear that, Win.

I'm sorry if I came across as an impatient hardarse when complaining about lack of feedback.

Yes you did whined a lot Spirit.

Tang :p

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Oh Tang, you need to pity my poor long suffering GF.
Not only do I moan about my own stuff, I moan about others' too LOL.

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Well Marc

I have been trying a number of combinations of platters and mats on the Monaco so far to no avail

Last night I did listening with a new combination a Herbie mat with an oyaide aluminium mat over it
https://herbiesaudiolab.net/
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=oyaide+aluminum+platter&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-au&client=safari#imgrc=IhomjB0IptO-TM:

Luckily with the triplanar adjusting for the different heights is very straight forward

This was very promising I have to say and more listening will tell

I have not tried the oyaide on its own as I don’t want to damage the surface of the Monaco but I have an idea of how I might try it

I will report back after more extensive listening

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing