TW Acustic AC1

monty68

Dec 18, 2022
Hi,

Tried to ask TW directly this question but got no response.

I still have a spray can of the very thin oil that came with older TW tables but it dries out quickly and I think it could be bettered.

What bearing oils would you recommend for this table? I thought maybe the Origin Live platter glide oil might be a good option.

Thanks!

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
Oil has an important role like a brake in turntable bearings. This is perfected by designer by choosing right oil with required viscosity for clearence between shaft and bearing. Platter mass and motor power are also very important in this regard. As a result I would not suggest using any random oil. I recommend sticking to the oil recommended by designer or another one with same specifications.

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
Have an AC for more than 20 years. The first oil was a spray. When I upgraded to the BN platter and BN bearings, Thomas Woschnick sent a new oil in a little plastic container. It looked more greasy. From time to time I re-order some oil and it seems always the same. I rue-oil approx twice a year without drying trouble.

Reactions: monty68

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing