UK music sales up £109m in 2018

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I've noticed badge of honour music collectors going from saying they own "5k or 10k lps or cds" to owning "50k or 150k tracks".

I am EXTREMELY happy cd is becoming landfill, I should be able to buy skiploads of discs for a song.

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Attention deficit is on the rise.

It’s a disturbing thing that people can’t invest their time into hearing an artist more than just a few minutes at a time.

Just forever lightly sampling a disconnected and constant variety instead of putting yourself over to experiencing periods of depth is not a good thing over time and attention spans just become shorter and shorter as we lose our concentration... oh look a squirrel... la la la la la...

Reactions: Audiophile Bill

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Well Tao, there are some artists where a few minutes is really all that's needed.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Attention deficit is on the rise.

It’s a disturbing thing that people can’t invest their time into hearing an artist more than just a few minutes at a time.

Just forever lightly sampling a disconnected and constant variety instead of putting yourself over to experiencing periods of depth is not a good thing over time and attention spans just become shorter and shorter as we lose our concentration... oh look a squirrel... la la la la la...

Totally agreed - very sad state of affairs.

Reactions: the sound of Tao

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Bill, some people change gear quicker than they change tracks.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
How many new albums did we at WBF each buy this year?

me, 325 - however I seem to be in the minority with most spending their $$ on equipment at WBF.

be careful what we complain about and wish for.

Reactions: the sound of Tao

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Would have averaged around 300 albums a year since the early 90’s (when I sold off all my vinyl (albums... not those 80’s going out party pants)... tho last year was my bad on hardware spend so will have to play music catch up for a year or two... or three...

Last edited:
Reactions: XV-1

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing