UltraAnalogue Recordings release of 5 new tapes

Edward Pong

Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2013
Locust Hill, Ontario
I'm very happy to let you know I've just released 5 new tapes on the website!

3 tapes with cellist Sietse-Jan Weijenberg with pianist Yun-Yang Lee:

1) Mendelssohn Cello Sonata #2
2) Beethoven Cello Sonata #2
3) Paganini Moses Variations, Schumann Fantasiestucke, Davidov & Joplin

2 tapes of solo piano with Yun-Yang Lee:

4) Verdi/Liszt & Wagner/Liszt Operatic Transcriptions, Bach/Busoni Chaconne from Partita #2
5) Mozart Piano Sonata K.331

Please have a look on the website! http://ultraanaloguerecordings.com/wpsite/news/

Sample sound tracks from these tapes will be posted very soon... emotional performances & sound to match!

The Bach/Busoni Chaconne is almost spiritual as the journey unfolds.....

Edward Pong

Last edited:

Edward Pong

Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2013
Locust Hill, Ontario
Amir, what better things are there to spend you $$$ on??? Ha!

The Bach/Busoni & Mendelssohn are must haves....

we played a gut D string for the Mendelssohn - incredible textures in the cello sound...

the Busoni Chaconne transcription is magic in YY's hands....perfect to pair with your Bach violin chaconne...

Edward Pong

Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2013
Locust Hill, Ontario
hmm ..you´re tempting a poor Norwegian :cool:

Ha! You'll be happy to hear these on your great horn system!

I actually have 3 new tapes almost ready to release... My 1st recordings with young Japanese virtuoso Tatsuki Narita... have a look at this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEuN6yGVj5s (they spelt his 1st name wrong...) the cadenza section of this video has 70,000 hits, with his name spelt correctly...

He came 2nd in the Queen Elizabeth Competition in 2011, but many people felt he should have won based on this performance... amazing!
We just finished a 1 week recording session... & he's 23 now!

Last edited:

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia

4) Verdi/Liszt & Wagner/Liszt Operatic Transcriptions, Bach/Busoni Chaconne from Partita #2

Please have a look on the website! http://ultraanaloguerecordings.com/wpsite/news/

Sample sound tracks from these tapes will be posted very soon... emotional performances & sound to match!

Edward Pong

Oh wow fantasiestucke! my favourite

Which version on OP 21 Waldstein is being played the hard or easy version ?

Great piano mucic

Thx :)

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
I will ask him which edition he played... but I've never heard it as an "easy or hard" version...
It sounds hard!

"It is one of Beethoven's greatest and most technically challenging piano sonatas. The first section of the Rondo requires a simultaneous pedal trill, high melody and rapid left hand runs while its coda's glissando octaves, written in dialogue between the hands, compel even advanced performers to play in a simplified version since it is more demanding to play on the heavier action of a modern piano than on an early 19th-century instrument." Wikipedia....

Edward Pong

Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2013
Locust Hill, Ontario
Here's the response from Yun-Yang Lee on your question on was this the "easy or hard version of Waldstein....."

"I never heard there is a another version of Waldstein either. Always heard one only version with all recordings. I played the G.Henle edition like others."

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
Ed, I just wanted to thank you for your latest releases. I've said before and I'll say again that there is nothing better to put you in the room with the performers than one of your recordings. Close your eyes and you are there. I'll add that whatever modifications you've done with your components has been well worth it. Thanks for keeping tape alive!

audioguy1958

Feb 8, 2015

Edward Pong

I just purchased some of Ed's tapes (38 of them) and so far every one of them sounds exceptional. The 'Paganini' recording is wonderful! Ed's improvements to his recording chain have made his tapes the best out there, in my opinion.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I just received and listened to my first order of UltraAnalogue RTR tapes:

Schubert Grand Fantasy D.934, Saint-Saens - The Swan - Duet of Piano and Violin

Such a beautiful chamber piece, executed to perfection by the musicians.

Beethoven Ghost Trio - Piano, Cello, Violin

If you like Beethoven, you want this !

24 Paganini Caprices (Live in Concert Nov.26, 2016) Tape 3 Act 3 Caprices 13-24 - Solo Violin

I have never heard violin sound so good and such precise execution of this complicated piece. I started with only the Act 3 tape. I will be getting Act's 1&2. The noise floor is the lowest I have ever heard on tape. battery powered from mic's to repro dub tape.

Keep up the great work Edward !!! :D

Attachments

• Studer-A80-Repro_Record-Bttery-powered_UltrED-PONG-a-analog-tapesIMG_298.jpg
    Studer-A80-Repro_Record-Bttery-powered_UltrED-PONG-a-analog-tapesIMG_298.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 111

Greg Beron / UHA

Member Sponsor
Apr 5, 2012
Washington DC
www.unitedhomeaudio.com
NEWS:
Looking forward to seeing Ed's new review in The Absolute Sound magazine by Jim Hannon.
Jim is a classical pianist and is quite familiar with the compositions, should be interesting.

Glad Ed's recordings are getting some overdue accolades, I've been enjoying them for years.
In fact Ed put the Passacaglia on a compilation tape for me many years ago, it will make people cry at the shows...
The emotion captured by the violinist on the this tune and tape tape is overwhelming, BUY IT!

Why the hell do these pictures post sideways!
IMG_1493.JPG

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing