Upcoming Nagra turntable

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Good question!
It seems like he's doing it by ear: i.e., listening for a change in sound.
Yes, that’s the impression I got from the video. More importantly, I would think a turntable that is this expensive would have a speed sensor and read out and some way to adjust the speed. The old Technics SP 10 did, but I was told by a former dealer that the NVS does not.

Reactions: Zeotrope

Holmz

Apr 19, 2022
I would think most direct drive turntables with speed correction and strong motors could pass that test.
One should not need a strong motor and a supercap.
A hamster on a wheel probably generates more power than enough power.

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
Yes, that’s the impression I got from the video. More importantly, I would think a turntable that is this expensive would have a speed sensor and read out and some way to adjust the speed. The old Technics SP 10 did, but I was told by a former dealer that the NVS does not.
Indeed! Nagra has done a great job with the very large scale speed display, automated speed control with full manual bypass.

Reactions: PeterA

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Nagra has released the Reference Turntable, a slightly toned-down, and less expensive, version of the Reference Anniversary version. This must mean that they have sold all 70 units of the Anniversary (they were more than half sold out a year ago, in 1 year, so it makes sense that a year later, all 70 are sold).
Nagra is really on a roll with new products. It's great to see a super high end company flourishing !

I think you are right, they've sold that run of tables...I am very curious how this sounds. Doesn't seem to be major differences, a lower end platter, power supply, and copper arm cable. Loosing that see through platter though is missing BLING :) factor. That was so cool. However, maybe this vinyl/platter interface has it's own benefits...

Reactions: Zeotrope

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing