Upgradeing Speakers thinking about PSB's Passif 50

Jazzamataz

Nov 23, 2022
Im currently using PSB's X2T Floor Standing speakers. Anybody demoed the Passif 50's yet? They are in the $3000 price range. Im only listening to Jazz. Anybody else have suggestions possibly better than the Passif 50's in that price range?

Thanks!

ecwl

Mar 20, 2021
Winnipeg, Canada
I personally love PSB speakers because they're well-engineered, neutral and sound great.
Paradigm Founder 80F may be slightly more expensive with a slightly peakier treble depending on your placement. (Other Paradigm lines have odd frequency responses so I wouldn't recommend them.)
I also think GoldenEar speakers are also well-designed with more bass but may not always be as well-refined sonically compared to other brands so the Triton 5 might be good for you too as you're upgrading from the X2T.
But my take is that if you like PSB, you can't go wrong with the latest generation of PSB speakers (unlike some other brands whose upgrades are just mostly a change to their frequency response to color the sound).

Jazzamataz

Nov 23, 2022
I really do love my X2T's. I think they are great but would like a better sound at some point. Thanks for the input.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing