ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
The work with lasers is "interesting," but far from "promising" at this point. Anyone needing therapy to treat what these lasers are being researched for should not delay their treatment in anticipation of using this modality.

It is a long long way from growing a little dentin in a rat molar in a laboratory after "drilling holes in rat molars [that started out healthy], zapping the pulp with a laser, putting on temporary caps" and regenerating dentinal tissue in a previously infected pulp in a human tooth.

Furthermore, rats have "open roots" which means they have open root apices which allows for a very good blood supply for healing. Human roots have closed apices with a poor blood supply after the tooth is formed, which endodontists will tell you is THE reason human teeth don't heal well after bacterial [carious] or traumatic insult. The article said regenerating enamel is tricky. That is an understatement. The shape of each of the 52 total teeth [20 primary + 32 secondary] is individually genetically determined and embryonically, the enamel or what becomes enamel starts to form and determines what the tooth will look like before the dentin and pulp forms.

Another part of the problem in regenerating teeth or parts of them is having enough healthy remaining tooth structure to reform enough new tooth structure to form either a useable tooth or to form enough tooth structure to make a dental restoration on.

Basically, this Reuters article is a lay, public relations version of the original, certainly leaving out many key pieces of information and basic knowledge researchers are aware of regarding the practicality and efficacy of actually forming or regenerating an actual tooth.

If you need treatment. Don't hold your breath waiting for this.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Maybe it was meant to give hope to meth heads.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
or coke fiends!

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Damn Gary that was the most intelligent statement I have read of yours to date. Did you actually write it ?
Hahahaha
Al

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
That's what I do.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Well I kinda thought that as that was amazing detailed Analysis of the teeth. My 7 year old lost both of his from teeth and only one has dropped and it's been like a year and still no other one. Anyway great write up I go the dentist twice a year just for cleanings to make sure I keep all my teeth it's not easy to keep them all happy .

Ps I am moving my irs v to NYC .
Al

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing