Venom PS10 - A distributor or also a line conditioner?

Mcbrion

May 9, 2013
Connecticut
The Venom PS10. Does it have any "line conditioning properties" within it? Or does one need to consider the Venom V16 instead for that? I intend to hear both and then, perhaps the Hydra Delta 6.

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
The Venom PS10. Does it have any "line conditioning properties" within it? Or does one need to consider the Venom V16 instead for that? I intend to hear both and then, perhaps the Hydra Delta 6.

The PS10 can be thought if as.a Venom V12 NR extension cord. The attached power cord does have a CCI filter so there is noise reduction of >24db. With the cord being captive, DTCD should be excellent. I would suspect that this would beat anything up to twice its price.

The V16 features the same noise reduction from the wall, but will be a step up though as it offers isolation of components on one zone from the other. It also allows you to scale up the power cord that feeds it, which can be a very big deal.

The Delta D6 offers a more noise reduction from the wall at >40dB and also greater noise reduction between zones, of which there are 6.

Mcbrion

May 9, 2013
Connecticut
Yes, now that I have it (the PS10), that's how I would describe it as well, after a month with it. I'm not sure I "hear" 24db of noise reduction, but I would guess that it depends on the equipment hooked up to it. An Audio Research will surely reveal more noise reduction than an NAD.

The 16 is here now also, not fully broken in. I'll save any comments on it until later...

Reactions: delphi17

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing