Vertere HBS power-cable : IMHO the 2nd Best Power-cable for Frontends/Preamps

vert

Oct 26, 2015
If anyone is looking for that pleasing HBS sound, Vertere HB ethernet cable has a lot of that sound.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
How good is the HB pcs compared to others in the same price range ?
I’m demoing the HB LAN cable in my system and it’s outstanding!
If the HB pc is just as good it must be something.

vert

Oct 26, 2015
HB Lan will give all of that HBS sound.

I personally wouldn't need to use both the HB Lan and HBS cord.

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
Someone has tested Vertere Redline ? Because some people prefer them than HB. HB seems more analytic and Redline more organic...
I don't know for HBS.
Thanks.

vert

Oct 26, 2015
I have heard both, and I wouldn't mention HBS and redline in the same sentence.

I wouldn't describe HBS as analytical.

I had a cable designer tell me he thought the HBS sound was very difficult to create as a cable designer.

Reactions: hongkongfoufou

PaulB

Jan 22, 2020
Minneapolis, Minnesota
analog.audio
I am a Vertere cable dealer and I can honestly tell you that the Redline is not in the same league as the HB series. I love the Redline cable, especially at its price, but the HB is very special. Someone mentioned the ethernet cable, we consider it the best cable we have ever heard on any of our streamers or DAC's....and we have a bunch!

***Dealer***

Reactions: hongkongfoufou

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
Thank you.
I am interested by the HBS power cord...

cykin

Mar 23, 2022
Ever since I shared with WBF brothers the CrystalConnect Art Series Da Vinci cables in Dec 2020, I received many pm.

The numerous pm can be summarized to 2 simple comments :
1. The Da Vinci cables are probably outstanding but are too dear for me. :rolleyes:
2. What are your 2nd best recommendations for frontends/preamps?

I fully concur with the comment 1.
The Da Vinci cables are way beyond my budget too.
So on this thread I would like to share with you what I myself am using, and IMHO it's the 2nd best power-cable for frontends/preamps : the Vertere HBS.

The HBS being the flagship power-cable of Vertere, the packaging does look more high class.
It got a nice fibric bag and is put in a nice aluminum case :
View attachment 77388
View attachment 77389

The whole power-cable :
View attachment 77390

The plugs are sturdy & proprietary, made with CNC metal and is in a very sharp orange colour :
View attachment 77391

There are two fixed metallic modules on the HBS powercord. Not sure whether they are for vibration control only, or are there any active or inactive circuits inside :
View attachment 77392

I first listened to it in a good friend's audio system.
I was particularly impressed when he played this legendary Sonny Rollins album, a vintage Japan version mono LP :
View attachment 77394

The HBS was used on his Goldmund preamp and it gave the music so much resolution, microdynamics, agility and realness that I at that time fully undertood why good vintage mono Jazz LPs were often so expensive.
It's because they really make the listeners SWING!

I made my HBS purchase decision in less than 20 mins. o_O
It's now serving my MSB Select Transport and I am extremely happy about its performance.

Is the CrystalConnect Da Vinci power-cable better than the HBS? Yes of course! :cool:
In fact, I auditioned the Vertere HBS first, intrigued by it and purchased it before I came across the CrystalConnect Da Vinci cables.
I have no regret in my purchase decision and am currently very content with my Vertere HBS.

Who knows? Maybe one day in future I receive a fortune and can are able to get some Da Vinci cable. Haha
:p
Hi CK,

Do you think hbs is a good match with Taiko server? Thanks.

Kin

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Hi CK,

Do you think hbs is a good match with Taiko server? Thanks.

Kin
I'm using the Vertere HBS powercord for my own Taiko Extreme Server.

The best pairing powercord for Taiko Extreme Server I have ever auditioned is the QSA-Lanedris Spectral Series Prince powercord.
However I can't afford it.
:(

cykin

Mar 23, 2022
I'm using the Vertere HBS powercord for my own Taiko Extreme Server.

The best pairing powercord for Taiko Extreme Server I have ever auditioned is the QSA-Lanedris Spectral Series Prince powercord.
However I can't afford it.
:(
I have Vertere HBS and Vyda Orion silver cable and found Vyda is better with my N01XD. My Taiko server is coming in next 8 weeks (I hope), just thinking using Vertere HBS for it. However, Ben told me that I need a high current amp powercord to supply my Taiko server.

Love to hear you are using it too. Always respect your review and opinions.
Kin

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing