Vinni Rossi L2 Signature Preamplifier

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Any one got one?

What do you think of it if you have one?

I think it looks like a great way to get some serious triodes and a JFET solid state stage into your system.

Plus it's something that could provide a great deal of fun and satisfy a lot of curiosity in the long run.

In fact if I was buying now I would be more interested in this than a Lampizator. At any level. Because of the solid state and valve flexibility it provides. You can also get a DAC module etc.

See https://www.vinnierossi.com/l2-preamplifier/

Thoughts? Does it suck / is it a lemon or the reverse?

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
I've heard it at RMAF and the previous version, the LIO a couple times. What stands out to me is the calmness and clarity of the sound. It lacks any discernible fatiguing artifacts, it's smooth and very resolving. It also did a great job with more complex music... it maintained distinct images, didn't sound strained, and presented a coherent soundstage. Not sure I can really fault it for anything either, though I haven't heard it drive really big or demanding speakers.

Reactions: Zero000

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
I am very curious about this preamp and its additional phono and dac modules and how it all compares to top pre, phono and dacs. I am sure the pre and dac can easily match or surpass mine but I am willing to get a good phono pre and don't know if the phono pre here can match equipment in my radar like pass xp-27.

I would love to get this with its dac and phono modules and have less equipment on the rack, less cables if it can sound as good.

Reactions: Zero000

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Bump.

Someone must surely have one? Owner views really appreciated.

Hi-Fi News did a review of the integrated amp and Kessler liked it FWIW.

dsyzling

Aug 14, 2019
I'm interested too - although I don't want to be because of the cost. The integrated is equally attractive being able to use pre-outs to an alternative power amplifier. I presume you know Vinnie runs a forum over on Audio Circle which I believe he is having to close down due to him getting too busy - but there may be some general discussions, comments, and opinions over there that may offer some value:

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=46.0

I also wonder how the dac module stacks up in comparison to others around that price point - there's quite a bit of competition in the £3.5k mark these days. I Would also be interested in opinions of the differences between the signature and non-signature versions.

But as a one-box solution just add streamer or server it might be attractive.

Reactions: kodomo

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing