VITA-MIX Blender/processor

Health Nut

May 26, 2010
Now we are talking!! Great forum section.

The VITA-MIX www.vitamix.com is by far one of the best purchases I have ever made. Nothing compares... Just amazing!!

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Heath Nut

Coming from another Healthnut .. Simply spectacular. We are often given to hyperbole but this is the real thing . Will pulverize anything this side of a piece of heavy gauge stainless steel :) ... Last forever ... The price is however downright scary and the look to put it mildly offputting ...

Frantz

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I've gone through maybe five blenders in 12 years. After spying my mother in law's 30 year old Waring, I set my sights on this

http://www.waringproducts.com/com/catalog/product.php?product_id=127&cat_id=14

Hmmm. Not a month later, this thread about a brand I've never heard of with lots of happy long term customers of the 30 year variety on their side, pops up.

Anybody compared the Vita-Mix blenders with the Waring Pro's? All the best and smoothest fruit shakes I've had were via Waring blenderd. No lumps like in the Vita-Mix infomercial on their site.

That was a sorbet, no custard, not ice cream, in my book! :)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
How many years running Stevie?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
We bought ours 7-8 years ago at The local County Fair and it is running smoothly ever since.

BTW, VitaMix is the blender used in all Starbucks as well as many of the local stores selling blended juices such as Jamba Juice

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Aha. The plot smoothens!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
We have had ours for 5-6 years also. I never thought of buying one since it always looked old fashioned. But the family did while I was gone on a trip :). As they say, the power is incredible. You are not afraid of putting anything in there. OK, maybe putting rocks in there may not be such a good idea but everything else is :).

Our kids have partially damaged the spindle by messing with the container while it is running. It has worn off some of the teeth on the gear head but it still works 90% as good.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Ron

The VitaMix is so versatile that it can literally make anything from soup to ice cream, sorbets, sauces, etc, etc

I don't use it for a juicer because it pulverizes so efficiently that it doesn't separate the pulp(fiber) from the juice. For that I use the Breville Juicer

This is the one that I use

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
My personal main use is smoothies and shakes. It crushes ice as if it is not there. Family may do other things with it while I am not looking :D.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
We sell them at my Costco twice yearly as one of our "Roadshow" events. They just finished a two-week stint at our store. Sold $80,000 worth of Vita-Mix blenders. They're hugely popular up here as well!

John

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
What about the Jack LaLanne juicer? Guaranteed to keep you alive into your 90s :)

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
My personal main use is smoothies and shakes. It crushes ice as if it is not there. Family may do other things with it while I am not looking :D.

Same here :)

I also use it for crushing roasted lobster and crab shells for bisques.

It's the Ice that has been killing my puny, Made in PRC blenders though.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing