Vitus SIA-030

Diasoft5

Feb 19, 2020
40764 Langenfeld / Germany
So, where are we? Should I sell my SIA-025 Mk2+SS-025+Goebel Lacorde Statement XLR - Biamping-Combo and buy an SIA-030 instead?

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
So, where are we? Should I sell my SIA-025 Mk2+SS-025+Goebel Lacorde Statement XLR - Biamping-Combo and buy an SIA-030 instead?

You should also consider Audionet Humboldt before pulling the trigger on SIA-030.
My personal choice is the Humboldt as opposed to the SIA-030.
I have auditioned both of them.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I think you're best to direct that question to Vitus Audio. TBH, I'm sick and tired of getting attacked in the audiophile world and on social media for my support of this product, and of Vitus Audio in general. There is a measure of irony in that considering the very considerable amount of my personal time i've put into this, and commitment to objectivity and accurate postings. But whatever, I'm doing this voluntarily. If someone wants to pay me to put up with the BS, by all means. Otherwise i'm out of this thread.
That was funny .
Cheer up man its only an audioamplifier .:)
Okay probably a good one but nontheless

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Yesterday I welcomed a Vitus SIA 030 to my system and bade a fond farewell to my 025 which has served me so well for the last 6 years.
I was very impressed by the 030 at Munich last year and a few months ago decided to pull the trigger.
I do like the Vitus sound, prefer an integrated and they will take an AV amp which I need for my Sky Q Box. I did consider a few others but none really matched the 030 in terms of my system. The only downside is its size but its a silver one and blends in with the rest of the system. I attach a few photos below.
The sound is significantly better than the 025, good as that is. As others have said a very organic sound across the frequency ranges and the bass is much better. Deeper, stronger and it really grips the 9 inch woofers of my YG Kipod Signature passives. Timing, soundstage and dynamics are all top class. The last was particularly evident on the recent deluxe reissue of Kraftwerk's Autobahn. Class A operation is very good indeed, but it is no slouch in AB.
It is a delight to listen to and I can recommend it very highly. IMG20201208124700.jpg IMG20201208124714.jpg IMG20201208124852.jpg IMG20201208124937.jpg

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Congrats, Barry2013! That is one massive integrated! Enjoy!

TooCool4

Feb 7, 2013
England
Barry once the Covid19 stuff is over, you may have to invite me back to checkout your new amp compared to your last one. ;)

Reactions: Stump and GMKF

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
The Vitus SIA-030 and the Audionet Humboldt are the two best integrated available today, great choice.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
The Vitus SIA-030 and the Audionet Humboldt are the two best integrated available today, great choice.
Thanks Andromeda and Theliste.
Quite timely reminders actually because it only had about 24 hours on it when I posted. Since then it has really opened up and the sound has become addictive.
All the qualities I mentioned earlier have just got so much better. Not rocket science really and I was so advised when it was installed, but a poerful reminder of how things need to bed in and warm up before they sound their best.
We are all familiar with the law of diminishing returns but just not apparent with this upgrade from the 025. The difference in price is about £10k but I don't feel short changed in any way which is a tribute to the 030 rather than a criticism of the 025.
Definitely more powerful and more so than the 5w output difference in Class A would lead you to believe. There is a real authority to its sound and everything sounds so much more real. Very natural and musical without sounding coloured.
I haven't heard the Humboldt so cannot say how they compare but I have to report that IME the Vitus SIA 030 is one special amplifier.

Reactions: Stump and howiebrou

Stump

Jul 15, 2012
Yesterday I took delivery and installed the very first DAC module/streaming board for the SIA-030, to my knowledge this is the very first board in the world to leave Denmark!

Stone cold with no hours on it comfortably outperforms the RD-101 on which it is based. More to come once we get some serious hours on it and in front of some customers!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2ind1to]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2ind1Va]
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2ingG1C]
I've not yet updated the main [URL='https://www.audiotherapyuk.com/product/vitus-audio-sia-030-integrated-amplifier/']SIA-030 page on my website yet, but will in due course when I can find the time and pull myself away from listening to the new DAC board![/url][/url][/url][/url]
Can you tell me with the DAC module ! Can you connect a Esoteric transport player ? (Esoteric p-03 universal transport)

Stump

Jul 15, 2012
Thanks Andromeda and Theliste.
Quite timely reminders actually because it only had about 24 hours on it when I posted. Since then it has really opened up and the sound has become addictive.
All the qualities I mentioned earlier have just got so much better. Not rocket science really and I was so advised when it was installed, but a poerful reminder of how things need to bed in and warm up before they sound their best.
We are all familiar with the law of diminishing returns but just not apparent with this upgrade from the 025. The difference in price is about £10k but I don't feel short changed in any way which is a tribute to the 030 rather than a criticism of the 025.
Definitely more powerful and more so than the 5w output difference in Class A would lead you to believe. There is a real authority to its sound and everything sounds so much more real. Very natural and musical without sounding coloured.
I haven't heard the Humboldt so cannot say how they compare but I have to report that IME the Vitus SIA 030 is one special amplifier.
Thanks for the info Barry.Just been reading up on the DAC streamer and phono stage board .DAC module similar to the RD-101..

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
Can you tell me with the DAC module ! Can you connect a Esoteric transport player ? (Esoteric p-03 universal transport)

I think it should work, why not?

Matt

Reactions: Stump

Stump

Jul 15, 2012
I am going to upgrade to the Vitus SIA-030 although it does not have the Dac fitted it could be a future upgrade..

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I have now had my Vitus SIA 030 for nearly a month now and it has been playing every day. FM tuner, digital and vinyl.
This morning I switched on Radio 3 FM as usual and listened to it as a mixture of background music interspersed with more concentrated listening. Yesterday I had done the same and some familiar pieces sounded different which initially I attributed to different interpretations while at the same time feeling I was hearing more and again today experienced the same feelings. Lateish in the afternoon I played the recently reissued Kraftwerk LP Autobahn, but more for enjoyment than for critical evaluation.
It certainly sounded very good. Bass was tight and full and the sound as a whole was lithe and dynamic. I then pressed on with other tasks and didn't listen again until shortly before 9pm, again FM Radio 3, catching the final 10 minutes of Beethoven's 7th and then going on to listen to a live recording from last September of Laura Marling in concert in an empty Albert Hall.
She is not an artist I am particularly familiar with, but I will now seek to become so. It was a tremendous performance.
BUT what became apparent to me was how the Vitus had opened up so markedly. The sound was so much better with so much more musical information and articulation. It had obviously reached a new milestone in sound quality after nearly a month burning in and settling in my system.
I don't seek to claim that this is in any way unique to my Vitus. In particular I have read many posts on this forum where members have posted similar experiences with their own systems after 4/500 hours of use which I confess I was little sceptical of, but no more having now had the self same experience.
I can't recall having noticed it anything like to the same extent before, which is no doubt because my previous amplifiers were nothing like as good, including the Vitus 025 despite its well proven virtues.
Quality is an expensive commodity in audio, but oh so satisfying when you have the privilege of hearing and listening to it!
To paraphrase, this hobby is wonderful life.

ationg

Aug 7, 2016
The SIA 030 sounds like am excellent amp. But it is interesting to already see a used unit for sale at half price on audiogon.

• Wow

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing