Vitus SIA-030

Stump

Jul 15, 2012
The SIA 030 sounds like am excellent amp. But it is interesting to already see a used unit for sale at half price on audiogon.
This is a quote from the seller " Although this has been only something to get me through while I await my power amps which have been on holiday for upgrades overseas since prior to the pandemic. " Some people buy to try.....

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
The SIA 030 sounds like am excellent amp. But it is interesting to already see a used unit for sale at half price on audiogon.
It's the first used example I have seen for sale anywhere and when I checked I saw the seller was upgrading to a more expensive Vitus pre/power set up.
I suspect the price reflects its location in Australia so shipping to Europe plus import taxes would add around $7k to the asking price.

TooCool4

Feb 7, 2013
England
That’s because the owner has upgraded to Vitus Pre / Power.

I see Barry beat me to it.

Last edited:

ationg

Aug 7, 2016
if I wanted to upgrade to Pre/Power, I normally would do a trade with the same dealer, especially this is a new model bought just 6 months ago, and for which presumably demand is good. Selling it on open market at this discount is a bit strange. Nevertheless, my remarks not suggesting anything about its sound quality.

TooCool4

Feb 7, 2013
England
ationg sometimes a trade-in is not always possible. I remember years ago I was upgrading my power amps, I bought new NuForce mono blocks while travelling in America. Since I live in the UK, not possible nor practical to lug my mono’s to America with me.

Stump

Jul 15, 2012
That’s because the owner has upgraded to Vitus Pre / Power.

I see Barry beat me t

It's the first used example I have seen for sale anywhere and when I checked I saw the seller was upgrading to a more expensive Vitus pre/power set up.
I suspect the price reflects its location in Australia so shipping to Europe plus import taxes would add around $7k to the asking price.
Im the one who bought the Vitus 030.I expect to have it by the end of January.The seller owns a pair of $52K Kharma exquisite mono's which he sent back to Holland to upgrade to Signature at double the price.The Vitus 030 was to fill in during the upgrade....

Reactions: the sound of Tao

ationg

Aug 7, 2016
I auditioned the SIA 030 for a couple of days. It is a competent and very smooth and sweet sounding compact 1 box.
I am curious how it will compare with another similarly priced Danish amp. i.e., Gryphon Essence pre-/power.

Reactions: Stump

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Im the one who bought the Vitus 030.I expect to have it by the end of January.The seller owns a pair of $52K Kharma exquisite mono's which he sent back to Holland to upgrade to Signature at double the price.The Vitus 030 was to fill in during the upgrade....
Congratulations Stump, looking forward to your thoughts on it.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
I auditioned the SIA 030 for a couple of days. It is a competent and very smooth and sweet sounding compact 1 box.
I am curious how it will compare with another similarly priced Danish amp. i.e., Gryphon Essence pre-/power.
I have auditioned the Essence pre-power and was not impressed, Gryphon IMO is worth it starting at Antileon Evo and up.
The Diablo 300 is also very good for the money.
Better get the SIA-030 vs the Essence pre-power.
Just my two cents.

Stump

Jul 15, 2012
Still waiting for mine! This one looks nice in black..

TooCool4

Feb 7, 2013
England
  • Haha
Reactions: Stump and rubinken

Stump

Jul 15, 2012
Wow, how tall do you have to be to reach the turntable? :eek:
Haha.I’m 6’3” and before the Amp arrived my eyes were level with the cart.....I’ve since dropped a level.Best part les chance of bumping the cart styles....
11E20369-8FAD-4D97-A973-D2D5BA278A10.jpeg

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Haha.I’m 6’3” and before the Amp arrived my eyes were level with the cart.....I’ve since dropped a level.Best part les chance of bumping the cart styles....
View attachment 74073
What is the size of your room ?

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
3.3m wide 7.2m long 2.7m high.
10.8ft wide 23.6ft long 8.8ft high.
While I make do with what I have the other end of the room will have a Horn and tube system.....
Thanks, don't you have lack of image with 3.3m width ?
I might have the same problem as i will be renting a house and therefore cannot choose the room size.

Stump

Jul 15, 2012
Thanks, don't you have lack of image with 3.3m width ?
I might have the same problem as i will be renting a house and therefore cannot choose the room size.
The image is perfect for a 3.3m room.Although when I hear the same speakers at a friends place with wide room you get a 180 degree image...I have utilised room treatment to get very enjoyable results.Wait till I get the Horn System at the other end of the room.........:oops:

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
The image is perfect for a 3.3m room.Although when I hear the same speakers at a friends place with wide room you get a 180 degree image...I have utilised room treatment to get very enjoyable results.Wait till I get the Horn System at the other end of the room.........:oops:
Pardon me for sharing the same message that I posted on the CMS/Stillpoints thread yesterday but I am conscious that other Vitus 030 owners may not be following that thread and I wanted to share with them my experiences.
My Vitus SIA 030 has been resting on 4 Stillpoints Ultra 5s for some time. I was getting reports of how synergistic the new Stillpoints Ultra6V2s were with the 030 so yesterday I gave them a try.
Four c/w bases went under the amp and the benefits were apparent from the word go. The amp stayed on most of the day with my three sources of tt,sacd player and FM tuner such was the improvement.
So much more air to the sound, a bigger soundstage and a non existent sound floor. A really noticeable improvement on all three sources of which more on the aforementioned thread.
The Ultra 6s are a big improvement on the 5s and IMHO a must try for all 030 owners.
Here in the UK they retail at £899 each c/w base which is really a must ,but what a difference they have made to my system, hence this post.
I don't have any reports of their use under the Vitus 025 but I am sure that it would be well worth exploring.

Reactions: Stump and rubinken

Duckworp

Oct 14, 2018
Pardon me for sharing the same message that I posted on the CMS/Stillpoints thread yesterday but I am conscious that other Vitus 030 owners may not be following that thread and I wanted to share with them my experiences.
My Vitus SIA 030 has been resting on 4 Stillpoints Ultra 5s for some time. I was getting reports of how synergistic the new Stillpoints Ultra6V2s were with the 030 so yesterday I gave them a try.
Four c/w bases went under the amp and the benefits were apparent from the word go. The amp stayed on most of the day with my three sources of tt,sacd player and FM tuner such was the improvement.
So much more air to the sound, a bigger soundstage and a non existent sound floor. A really noticeable improvement on all three sources of which more on the aforementioned thread.
The Ultra 6s are a big improvement on the 5s and IMHO a must try for all 030 owners.
Here in the UK they retail at £899 each c/w base which is really a must ,but what a difference they have made to my system, hence this post.
I don't have any reports of their use under the Vitus 025 but I am sure that it would be well worth exploring.
Interesting to hear of these improvements. I never heard any difference using stillpoints, or CMS, or any other feet under my 025 nor the 030 so never invested. But it’s always good to hear of others finding the difference. I have my amp on a rack supported by Townshend Corners so maybe that is why I get nothing more from amp feet.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing