Vitus SIA-030

Stump

Jul 15, 2012
Interesting to hear of these improvements. I never heard any difference using stillpoints, or CMS, or any other feet under my 025 nor the 030 so never invested. But it’s always good to hear of others finding the difference. I have my amp on a rack supported by Townshend Corners so maybe that is why I get nothing more from amp feet.
I bought most my Stillpoints Ultra 5s 8 years ago because that's what Audiophiles do...Unfortunately my old and worn out ears can not pick up the subtle difference Barry is experiencing with Ultra6V2s. I have Ultra 5s under my Vitus SIA 030 because they were spare. Logically I dont understand how stillpoints can affect a 55Kg Amp but I don't doubt Barry's findings...

Reactions: Duckworp

Duckworp

Oct 14, 2018
I bought most my Stillpoints Ultra 5s 8 years ago because that's what Audiophiles do...Unfortunately my old and worn out ears can not pick up the subtle difference Barry is experiencing with Ultra6V2s. I have Ultra 5s under my Vitus SIA 030 because they were spare. Logically I dont understand how stillpoints can affect a 55Kg Amp but I don't doubt Barry's findings...
Same. I had someone quietly remove the stillpoints whilst I was listening, eyes closed, and I could not hear any changes before, during or after the switch. That test was on an 025 though. But on The 030 I still heard no difference after I switched over. I would definitely urge 030 owners to try these sort of feet before you buy - Vitus folklore coming from some reviews and others suggests that Stillpoints are a must under the amps, but mine and your (@Stump) experience suggests that is not always the case.

Reactions: Stump

xphynance

Mar 26, 2020
I have had my SIA-030 for over a year now, upgraded from the Goldmund 27.3L pre and 18.4 monos. All I want to say is, this bad boy is truly a masterpiece. It sounds so natural and full-bodied, like the real instruments. So happy that the Vitus makes me sit down and enjoying the music day after day, forgetting about the game of tweaking gears and cables, this might be the initial purpose of every audiophile first start to researching on speakers and amps... 4W0A2578.JPG 4W0A2584.JPG

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
I have had my SIA-030 for over a year now, upgraded from the Goldmund 27.3L pre and 18.4 monos. All I want to say is, this bad boy is truly a masterpiece. It sounds so natural and full-bodied, like the real instruments. So happy that the Vitus makes me sit down and enjoying the music day after day, forgetting about the game of tweaking gears and cables, this might be the initial purpose of every audiophile first start to researching on speakers and amps... View attachment 82437 View attachment 82438
Very beautiful amplifier.I have heard this vitus amplifier and it sounds awesome.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Hi guys, Tomorrow i have a home audition of the Audionet Humboldt, we will see how much better it is compared to my Diablo 300.
I would also like to demo the SIA-030 if the dealer is ready to bring it to my home, i have to see if it's possible to arange it.
I was at the Vitus dealer's a couple of days ago and he told me the SIA-030 would be a better match than my Diablo 300 to drive my Thiel CS 3.7s.
Vitus is smoother and more liquid than Gryphon.
I just don't know if the SIA-030 could handle 3 - 2.3 ohm loads which is the case of my speakers.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Hi guys, Tomorrow i have a home audition of the Audionet Humboldt, we will see how much better it is compared to my Diablo 300.
I would also like to demo the SIA-030 if the dealer is ready to bring it to my home, i have to see if it's possible to arange it.
I was at the Vitus dealer's a couple of days ago and he told me the SIA-030 would be a better match than my Diablo 300 to drive my Thiel CS 3.7s.
I just don't know if the SIA-030 could handle 3 - 2.3 ohm loads which is the case of my speakers.
Two wonderful amps to choose from if you can get a demo on both of them.
I love my 030, but I just don't know how it would fare with your Thiels.I find it a lovely blend of transparency and natural sound.
Do let us know how it goes.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Two wonderful amps to choose from if you can get a demo on both of them.
I love my 030, but I just don't know how it would fare with your Thiels.I find it a lovely blend of transparency and natural sound.
Do let us know how it goes.
Hi Barry, what speakers do you have ?

Diasoft5

Feb 19, 2020
40764 Langenfeld / Germany
I can not imagine that this is a problem with the 2.2 kVA transformer. I would write to Hans Ole and ask him. I once asked him if an RI-101 would work with the old Infinity 9a in extended mode ( 0.7 Ohm at 32 Hz with severe phase angles ). His answer: "I do not think that should be an issue at all. In the early days of development, I used a pair of Beta models called 1B. This was the presessor of the IRS Beta’s."

Reactions: Nataraja

Easy Gliders

Oct 22, 2021
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I have had my SIA-030 for over a year now, upgraded from the Goldmund 27.3L pre and 18.4 monos. All I want to say is, this bad boy is truly a masterpiece. It sounds so natural and full-bodied, like the real instruments. So happy that the Vitus makes me sit down and enjoying the music day after day, forgetting about the game of tweaking gears and cables, this might be the initial purpose of every audiophile first start to researching on speakers and amps...

I also had my SIA-030 for over year now. Changed from my 20 years old Gryphon Antileon Signature stereo power amplifier. I have four Stillpoints Ultra 6 V2 footers under the amplifier, with the 5 pocket pads directly in contact with the thick bottom plate of the Vitus amplifier.
The SIA-030 is a perfect match for my new Marten Mingus Quintet 2. The sound is very natural, smooth, transparent and dynamic & fast at the same time, if that is possible at all!

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
I’ve never heard the SIA030, but I have a set of Vitus SM-103s inbound from Denmark. Should leave this Friday. I’m doing a two week or so eval of them. Unsure what they will sound like as compared to the Vitus SIA 030. Any speculations?

Last edited:

Easy Gliders

Oct 22, 2021
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I’ve never heard the SIA030, but I have a set of Vitus SM-103s inbound from Denmark. Should leave this Friday. I’m doing a two week or so eval of them. Unsure what they will sound like as compared to the Vitus SIA 030. Any speculations?
The SIA-030 has similar fully regulated power supplies of the Vitus MP-M201 mono blocks. The SM-103s would definitely be more powerful then the SIA-030. But maybe you can try the MP-S201 for comparison.

Reactions: Audire

RnRmf

Apr 29, 2015

Easy Gliders

Oct 22, 2021
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
It looks like you removed the stock footers from your Vitus. My dealer told me they cannot be removed.
How did you remove yours?
The original footers of the SIA-030 can be removed easily just by unscrewing them. However, some Vitus models' footers can't be removed easily. For example, the Vitus MP-S201's footers can only be removed from inside the unit!

Reactions: RnRmf

NC Lee

Oct 23, 2014
NC
everything sounds so much more real. Very natural and musical
Have a RI-101,2 auditioning the SIA 025 now.
Your statement is what I hear comparatively in the 025 step-up, though early in my listening, the 025 seems to lack the quickness of attack, dynamics, the 101 offers.
And the 030 is a notable improvement over the 025? Gracious. I may give it a look.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thank you.
I have no experience of the R101 having started with the SIA 025 which I found much more to my tastes than the preceding Naim 500/552 DR which had its attractions, but really was not as musical and refined as the 025 proved.When you change amps it does take a little while to appreciate the differences in my experience.
Yes I certainly find the 030 to be a significant improvement on the 025, good as the 025 definitely is. In brief, I find it a much more complete sound across all frequencies. Obviously it is more expensive and a bit of a brute physically, but I have been completely happy with the upgrade so well worth auditioning .
I have never regretted that upgrade so well worth trying it.

Reactions: NC Lee

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing