Vitus SIA 30 vs CH I1

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
One months ago i listen in shop of my friend near Milano Vitus SIA 30 with YG Vantage and Esoteric K03X and i liked this system and also Vitus Sia 30.
Shop has also Vitus R101 that i listen many times,nothing special but is good.

Yesterday my friend called me to inform that he has in shop CH I1,if i want to go to listen,in same system.
He told me prefer CH I1 because has more details and more transparent.

So i went to listen,and i listen with same cd like i listen with Vitus and also i can tell i prefer CH.
Someone cannot believe because know my love for CH so i cannot be right in judgement,but after one hour i listen,i found really more transparent and dynamic,
with more rhythm ,scene could be little less deep but wide and bigger.SIA 30 already go back to distributor so cannot compare but really CH impress us a lot

In the photo is near R 101 because SIA 30 left some days ago

Attachments

• IMG_9345.jpg
    IMG_9345.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: CKKeung and bonzo75

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thanks gian60
Not seeking to disagree with your conclusion but it appears from some quick research that the CH amp is more expensive and doesn't offer the Vitus range of outputs namely 3 balanced and two rca.
For my system I need those 5 outputs so the Vitus is more suitable to my needs but obviously that consideration won't apply to everybody.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hi Barry, wow, that's a lot of outputs. What are you using them for? Multi-zone? Just curious :)

I love my I1 but haven't really compared it with anything in its price class. I love that I get a taste of my big rig while taking up so little space. The onboard DAC is quite good. Soon I will try the phono-ADC section.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thanks Jack
The three balanced are for the Scarlatti DAC, the Magnum Dynalab 109 tuner and the Whest PS30. RDT SE phono stage. One RCA is for the Denon AV amplifier for the TV and Oppo 203 and the second for an Entreq ground cable.
The whole system (full details in my profile) is in my 21x12 lounge hence the need for the number of inputs.
, but I am sure the CH integrated is a great amp with fewer sources.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
I would still assume the SIA-030 has more weight in the bass and a more organic sound ?
How about the Audionet Humboldt vs the CH and the Vitus any idea ?

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Bass of I1 is very good,deep and full,organic are similar,listen Audionet from italian distributor,good but nothing special,but never listened Humboldt

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Audionet Scientist series is very different to the rest of their kit. I currently have Stern / Heisenberg on home demo and prefer it to L1 / X1 / M1.1

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Audionet Scientist series is very different to the rest of their kit. I currently have Stern / Heisenberg on home demo and prefer it to L1 / X1 / M1.1

heihei can you please give us more details on what you prefer of Stern/Heisenberg over CH pre-power ?
Did you have CH pre-power on home demo ?

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
CH was also on extended home demo.

Stern / Heisenberg is a more dynamic presentation, meaning every listening session is an event. I found with CH it was sometimes easy to drift off and lose interest in the music.
For some, they might find the CH more "natural" in presentation and prefer it that way (Marshal Nack does for example).

I have also demo'd the pre-amps separately on my Berning Quadrature Z's, and think the Stern sits somewhere between the bare L1 and L1 + X1 performance-wise.

One thing I think distinguishes between the two is that the Audionet presents a soundstage with each instrument in a defined space whereas the L1 presents more of a flow. Add the X1 and you get more definition around the space.

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
BTW the CH system was with a pair of M1.1

Reactions: 4music

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
That is a very interesting shootout heihei, thanks for sharing.:)
I did listen briefly to the Audionet pre-power and found it a little bit more analytical vs the CH combo's liquidity.
I hope to be able to audition the Stern/Heisenberg more seriously in the furure.

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Yes would agree with liquid for CH, and to some ears and in some systems this may be too soft.

Again in some systems, Audionet could be analytical. I don't think that can be said of the Stern / Heisenberg though, as the sound is pretty saturated. For sure the detail is there, but I don't think this is too much. I tend to err on the side of musicality over detail (hence the Lampi DAC).

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
I also prefer more musical pre-power and DAC because my speaker preference tend towards the highly resolving Thiels or more modern Borresens.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Stern / Heisenberg is a more dynamic presentation ...
I have also demo'd the pre-amps separately on my Berning Quadrature Z's, and think the Stern sits somewhere between the bare L1 and L1 + X1 performance-wise.

Hello Heihei,
According to your comparison of the two preamps separately, it seems that the real star is the Heisenberg?

This is also my impression all along.
Despite of so many raving reviews, I still find the M1/1.1 a bit wanting in term of dynamics.

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
I think the real star is the combination of Stern + Heisenberg, but yes I think much of the dynamics are coming from the power amp, while the pre is providing the sound-staging. Both seem to have very low noise floors, but then so does CH.

One thing the CH has is huge flexibility, both for pre and power. For some, this may just add complexity while for others could be a "must-have".

From the CH side, I have listened to L1 (both with and without X1), A1, M1.1, and C1. For me, the L1 is the star of the show, especially when you add the X1. If the M1.1 had been mind-blowing in my system (which it would need to be given the cost), I would have gone down the CH route. As it was, I was somewhat disappointed.

Reactions: CKKeung

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
I think the real star is the combination of Stern + Heisenberg, but yes I think much of the dynamics are coming from the power amp, while the pre is providing the sound-staging. Both seem to have very low noise floors, but then so does CH.
One thing the CH has is huge flexibility, both for pre and power. For some, this may just add complexity while for others could be a "must-have".
From the CH side, I have listened to L1 (both with and without X1), A1, M1.1, and C1. For me, the L1 is the star of the show, especially when you add the X1. If the M1.1 had been mind-blowing in my system (which it would need to be given the cost), I would have gone down the CH route. As it was, I was somewhat disappointed.
In general I agree with your views.
However the new C1.1 with the new Roon-compatible ethernet card (with X1) is really something. Please audition it again if you have time.
:)

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I bought and Love CH because after 27 years of listening with top Triode amp like ANJ,Yamamura,Audio Tekne,Kondo,Shindo,Mactone otl,ecc ecc I found CH L1,X1 and M1 mono the only transistor amp with a very natural sound from midbass to midhigh similar or also even better of this triode with fantastic bass and high
And I have a speaker around 98 dB with very simple crossover

Reactions: Thieliste

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Gian, have you heard FM Acoustics amps? And if so, what did you think of their sound?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I love my Lampi too much!

I have never seen another product with such a delighted consistent following that lasts over years.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing