Vivid Kaya 45

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
We just received our demo pair. I will have them up and running this weekend :)

IMG_4115.JPG

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
The Kaya 45s are set up so now the break in begins.

IMG_4211.JPG

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Congrats Scott, I thought you weren't carrying Vivid any more? Also, I thought your G1s sounded outstanding. They make the Kayas look like little babies! ;-)

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
I picked the line back up recently :cool:

Reactions: sbo6

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
These little guys have a very big open sound even with a giant beside them.

IMG_4214.JPG

Reactions: sbo6

yyzSB

May 14, 2017
I have heard the Kaya 90 demoed at a show and I thought it sounded great. I have a question regarding the Kaya's side firing woofers. In a small room, 12x11x9 (feet) would side firing woofers be a bad idea compared to woofers facing the listening, such as in a Paradigm Persona 3F.

I am considering the Kaya 45 or Paradigm Persona 3F for the following acoustically treated room.

Room

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
I have actually found the side firing woofers can sometimes provide better placement flexibility over a front firing woofer. And you get two woofers per speaker in a very compact design.

Last edited:

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
If you make it to Dallas you are welcome to come by and hear the Kaya 45's.

I also have a Mola Mola Kaluga with DAC you can hear. I don't have an M-900u but I can get my hands on a M-600 that you could hear in my demo room.

yyzSB

May 14, 2017
Getting to Dallas is not a problem. Though I have heard the Kaya 90 before and it is a great sounding speaker. I do not need to be convinced of that.

So do you think that the Kaya 45 would work in my treated room without any type of room correction (DSP)? Or would I be better of with a stand mount speaker? If so, have you had the opportunity to compare the Kaya 45 with a Giya G4?

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
I worked with an acoustician and my demo room is well treated with RPG BAD panels and modex plates mainly(no over damping). No DSP for me either.

It would be a great idea for you to hear the Kaya 45s in my treated room. I can also let you hear the G1s standing next to the Kaya 45s.

I have never heard the G4s as the previous Distributor was not importing that model.

yyzSB

May 14, 2017
I emailed Vivid and they come back to me with some info on how the Kaya disperses the sound. I then emailed the sound technician who helped me acoustically treat my room. We compared notes and now Vivid, the sound tech, and I now think this room can handle the Kaya 45.

Reactions: Scott W

kleinbje

Dec 20, 2012
CT
I use the the Giya G3's in a 11*13*8 room with wonderful results. For the first time in my life, I don't want a new pair of speakers.

yyzSB

May 14, 2017
Thanks, that is the same size as my room. Your speaker is even bigger than the Kaya 45 I am considering. Maybe I should also consider the Kaya 90 which my local dealer has as a demo. I have a feeling he wants to get rid of the 90.

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
Last edited:
Reactions: yyzSB

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
Another cool pic;

IMG_1723 (2).JPEG

yyzSB

May 14, 2017
Did you buy the Kaya or just going to review them? Either way it will be interesting to hear your comments on them.

yyzSB

May 14, 2017
If you have the opportunity I would be interested on your take of the Kaya's with the Benchmak AHB2 amp you have written about a few times. I am considering getting that amp as a backup to the Luxman m900u amp I will use with the Kaya's. I need something for when my room gets too warm.

In my communication with Vivid they indicated that the Kaya's are rather room friendly. A lot of us audio consumers do not have great rooms and are forced to put speakers rather close to the front wall or to the side walls. Vivid have said that the front wall placement is not that big of a deal with the Kaya due to to the rear canceling sound wave tech they incorporate. It would be great if a reviewer tested these assertions.

Have fun with the review. Looking forward to reading it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing