Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
I have had this prototype pair for about a week now and they have the Vivid speaker magic in a compact enclosure.

IMG_5517 (2).JPG IMG_5519.JPG

Duke LeJeune

[Industry Expert]/Member Sponsor
Jul 22, 2013
Princeton, Texas
Very intelligent-looking little speaker, imo. Nice waveguide, nice low-diffraction cabinet, not to mention all the other extremely thorough design sweetness Vivid brings to the table.

Reactions: Scott W

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
Unfortunately this pair is on its way to another dealer :(

But I will get a pair when they start shipping :cool:

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
I have some new information on the S12's.

• U.S. MSRP is to be $6,000/pair in the standard KAYA finishes of Piano Black, Oyster Matte and Pearl White. I don’t yet have pricing for the Bespoke finishes, coming soon.
  • Yes, we are designing a Vivid stand for the S12, no pricing yet. Coming soon. (Note: It is our preference to play the S12 at 24 inches of height from the floor, lower than most. The floor provides some nice boundary reinforcement and the superb dispersion of the S12 doesn’t suffer being this low as can sometimes be the case with other monitors. Of course, you can use any stands you prefer, and while this preferred height is stated, we understand the placement realities the S12 will find itself in.
  • The S12 also features a wall mount with pivoting pin, with one application possibility as surround channels.

• Dic’s next releases (no dates yet) are a center channel and then a subwoofer to round out a KAYA multi-channel system.
12345.png

Blake

Jun 28, 2018
@Scott W perhaps a crazy question, but given there are so few Vivid dealers in the US, do you know if there will be ever be any demo S12 available in the US to try at home?

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
@Scott W perhaps a crazy question, but given there are so few Vivid dealers in the US, do you know if there will be ever be any demo S12 available in the US to try at home?

I would say yes, at some point. Where are you located Blake?

Blake

Jun 28, 2018
Salt Lake City

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
Please send me a pm and I will see if I can get a pair for you to try when they are available.

yyzSB

May 14, 2017
Can these be placed on a 12 inch wide book shelf that is against a wall. My understanding is that Vivid speakers can be placed very close to a wall. So I am wondering if I could ditch my speaker stands.

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
Can these be placed on a 12 inch wide book shelf that is against a wall. My understanding is that Vivid speakers can be placed very close to a wall. So I am wondering if I could ditch my speaker stands.

Not sure yet. I had the traveling demo pair for only a short time and listened to them on stands exclusively. I am not sure, at this time when they will be available, but I plan to get a demo pair when they are.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing