Vladimir Lamm RIP!

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
very sad to hear. even though i did not know him, he really treated me well in my contact with him when i exported my ML3's, a true gentleman.

RIP Vladimir.

Reactions: ddk

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Truly a loss to the audio community. Imo, Vladimir Lamm was a unique, singular genius who will be missed dearly. My interactions with him were always a learning experience.

My heartfelt condoloences to Elina, Esther and the Lamm family.

Reactions: PeterA and ddk

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
RIP, sad to hear

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
With a heavy heart I announce the death of my dear friend and mentor Vladimir Lamm. I lost a friend and the audio world lost his best, RIP Vladimir you’ll be missed.

https://www.lammindustries.com/

View attachment 92562

david
You told me this was coming but I didnt think it would be this quick. Sorry for the loss of your close friend Khun David.

Deepest condolence,
Tang

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
Having spent time at Steve's recently I was just telling a friend about the glow from his Lamm GM-70 powered monoblock amplifiers Upon hearing this sad news my thoughts turned to the loss some years back of my mentor, Mike Kaye of Lyric Hi-Fi. In my case, continuing his work has for me renewed my passion for all things music and audio. David, I am truly sorry for your loss.

Gregm

Mar 14, 2019
France
RIP, maestro (Shushurin) Lamm.
We met very many years ago and briefly spoke about music and the now defunct Soviet Union

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
RIP.

Sorry for your loss, David.

A loss for the audio world, too.

Fred Crane

Industry Expert
Apr 23, 2020
Dec 15, 2021
In one of the "email conversations" I had the pleasure of having with Mr. Vladimir Lamm he said to me: "There is a piece of my soul in every piece of equipment that is produced, and this - in addition to the solid scientific basis - is a "magical" ingredient. I am grateful that my destiny is to bring joy to people's lives through music. "

Well, I firmly believe that this is the legacy that Vladimir Lamm leaves:
nothing in his electronics has ever been modified in a maniacal way both in terms of design and components, as the performances were and are only the result of your superior creative and intuitive abilities and I would even dare to say moral.
Precisely for this reason I want to thank him for his work, capable of materializing itself in real monuments to the art of reproduced music.

With eternal esteem.
may the earth be light to you

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
In one of the "email conversations" I had the pleasure of having with Mr. Vladimir Lamm he said to me: "There is a piece of my soul in every piece of equipment that is produced, and this - in addition to the solid scientific basis - is a "magical" ingredient. I am grateful that my destiny is to bring joy to people's lives through music. "

Well, I firmly believe that this is the legacy that Vladimir Lamm leaves:
nothing in his electronics has ever been modified in a maniacal way both in terms of design and components, as the performances were and are only the result of your superior creative and intuitive abilities and I would even dare to say moral.
Precisely for this reason I want to thank him for his work, capable of materializing itself in real monuments to the art of reproduced music.

Thank you for your fine tribute. I am still shaken. If you have Lamm gear, play it in his memory.

Shalom Vladimir Shalom.

Reactions: Steveo, ozy and ddk

Kcin

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
Canada
So sorry for the loss to the Lamm family and your dear friend. He was one of the modern great forces in audio.

So many incredible leaders in the audio community lost over the last several years.

RIP

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Thank you David for sharing this very sad news and that wonderful photograph.

I have great respect and admiration for this man I never met. He was a quiet force with a huge impact on the lives of those lucky enough to have met him and listened to his creations. This is such a loss to the audio community, and to his family, but they can smile at their memories together and knowing he left a great legacy. He is one for whom the words “He made the world a better place“ have real meaning. His impact will not be forgotten.

Rest in peace Vladimir. I cherish every moment I listen to your creations. Your legacy lives on.

1651930226718.jpeg

Last edited:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Truly one of the greatest in the industry. As Sinatra sang, "I did it my way"......so did Vlad.
He will be dearly missed as I used to love my calls to him when I asked him a question and the answer was always prefaced by "you know Stephen" and followed that with a 20 minute answer that could be turned into a book of knowledge. I heard the news earlier this week and have been grieving ever since. My Lamm gear has been a part of my system for 20 years.I will never sell it

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
This goes back 20 years ago. I used to visit Elina and Vlad often. I was always bugging Vlad with questions about SET's and the ML2s. He would look at me or if on the phone, just say "RTFM".....He taught me to always RTFM before asking stupid questions, among many other things abut tubes, SETs and sound in general. He was SO special.:(

He will be missed. RIP.

Reactions: ddk and Bobvin

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
This goes back 20 years ago. I used to visit Elina and Vlad often. I was always bugging Vlad with questions about SET's and the ML2s. He would look at me or if on the phone, just say "RTFM".....He taught me to always RTFM before asking stupid questions, among many other things abut tubes, SETs and sound in general. He was SO special.:(

He will be missed. RIP.
I have all of his manuals to my Signature series personally signed by Vlad.

Reactions: ddk and Bobvin

Gjo

Aug 22, 2021
A titan of high end audio.

I owned Lamm LL2 Deluxe and L2 Reference preamplifiers, and always felt privileged to have such wonderful sounding, precision instruments.

ozy

Nov 13, 2012
Atlanta ,Ga.
Vladimir Lamm was an amazing man and inventor. Had several long conversations with over the years ,while owning his terrific gear,and always came away so impressed with this humble brilliant man.
may his memory be blessed for eternity.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing