Von Schweikert VR-55 Speakers in Piano Gloss Black finish

mountainjoe

Industry Expert
Mar 25, 2015
Bay Area, California
eigenaudio.com
Here's an opportunity to own one of the best speakers you can buy under $100k at a significant discount. These have been my personal pair and I am only selling them because I am moving up the VSA line.

These speakers are just over 3 years old and have been kept in a child free, pet free, non-smoking environment. They are fully broken in at this point and sound spectacular - you can find several reviews and awards for these speaker at the VSA website https://www.vonschweikert.com/vr-55-aktive

Greg Weaver reviewed this speaker and then bought his review pair to have as his reference standard - http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/von-schweikert-audio-vr-55-aktive-loudspeaker/

The adjustable active woofers and the dispersion pattern of this speaker makes it very to integrate into any environment - as does the relatively small footprint. I would rate these very conservatively 8/10 - I see no obvious blemishes though there are some very light scratches in the clear coat. I will try and buff these out.

I will also throw in two sets of Iso Acoustics GAIA I speaker footers which I have been using with this pair - a $1,200 value.

Here are some photos of the speakers - I will upload more photos later tonight or tomorrow:

e75-06-1024-3213.jpg

e75-06-1024-3169-small.jpg

PM me for pricing information.

I prefer local sale but I have the original shipping crates and can ship these to anyone in CONUS at the buyers expense. Payment via wire transfer only.

Though these are my personal pair, I am a VSA dealer so buy with confidence.

Cheers, Joe

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
..moving up to the 9 Ultras I assume?

mountainjoe

Industry Expert
Mar 25, 2015
Bay Area, California
eigenaudio.com
I don't see Ultra-55 on the VSA website. I only see Ultra 9 and 11. Am I missing something here?

They took them off the website for some updates but they’ll be back up soon.

Cheers, Joe

mountainjoe

Industry Expert
Mar 25, 2015
Bay Area, California
eigenaudio.com
Nice mention and Golden Ear award from Greg Weaver in the latest issue of TAS:

image1.jpeg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing