Vyda din Phono cable

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Euphonic or transparent and dynamic? :p
Completely transparent and dynamic. Textured bass, open top end. I use them at times with Magico, Alsyvox, Bayz, Diesis and Raidho. They work well with all of the systems.

I actually don't feel that the cables have much of a sound of their own as I use them with streaming, files, vinyl and R2R and the changes in formats are clearly evident in all cases. It doesn't matter what speakers are being used the character of the recording and the format come through without thinking of the cables.

Also, if you mix other cables in the chain with VYDA cables I find the character of the other cables come through. If all VYDA cables are used in a system (pc', ic's, phono, sp. cables) I don't notice any character from the cables. I recognize the recordings and different formats being used.

Alon is also using the VYDA on the M9/Pilium system at the Magico showroom.

Last edited:

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
@Tango Hey Tang. do you still have the Vyda cables? Interested if anything has changed with play time?

The Vyda cables have arrived, however I am going to use the speaker cables first as that will have the same affect on all sources.

cheers
Shane

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
@Tango Hey Tang. do you still have the Vyda cables? Interested if anything has changed with play time?

The Vyda cables have arrived, however I am going to use the speaker cables first as that will have the same affect on all sources.

cheers
Shane
Hi Shane,

I still have Vyda interconnect and phono cable. Currently I am not using them. Vyda works very well in Gian's system. Also very well in my system but they don't fit my preference. The system with Wadax playing Mama song that I posted video also has Vyda interconnect. In my system Vyda tended to expose sound for me to hear everything in the scene too easily. That should be a good thing but I am a weirdo audiophile. Enrico is super nice. I think you will enjoy Vyda very much.

Best,
Tang

Reactions: XV-1

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
Cannot imagine a better cable than this
I believe they’re great sounding cables with pure silver and cotton but connectors should be made of silver too not silver over copper. So there is some room for improvement. I get best results from all silver cables including connectors. The only thing on my cables that are not made of silver are ac plugs and receptacle and I’m hoping that issue will be solved one day. Additionally I’m not a great fan of thick, heavy, over capacitive cables. Hi-end cable topology should not derive far from regular cables.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Over the past 4 weeks I have had the pleasure of listening to the Vyda phono cable and speaker cable.

Absolutely wonderful cables with holographic soundstage and depth. These cables are quiet - with my Valhalla phono if I turn the volume really loud, I can hear a small amount of phono noise, with the Vyda - zero. Really nice bass and upper frequency extension.

Ultimately I found the cables a little forward in the lower treble, where vocals are nice and up front and guitars a little more sizzle vs the valhalla cables in my system. I can see this being perfect for a lot of systems, but for my system with the revealing Wilson metal tweeter and the very detailed Thales Simplicity II tonearm, it was a little too much.

This has been educational for me as cables really are an integral part of one's system and how it's voiced - If anyone says they don't use cables to tune one's system to what absolute sound they are look for is kidding themselves.

Once your system reaches a certain level, one can't just put cables into the system, no matter how much they cost and expect to hear an improvement.

I really thank Gian and especially Enrico for allowing me to listen to the Vyda cables and that they are used by Magico really does prove they are exceptional cables - but like everything in hifi - not for everyone.

cheers

Last edited:

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Over the past 4 weeks I have had the pleasure of listening to the Vyda phono cable and speaker cable.

Absolutely wonderful cables with holographic soundstage and depth. These cables are quiet - with my Valhalla phono if I turn the volume really loud, I can hear a small amount of phono noise, with the Vyda - zero. Really nice bass and upper frequency extension.

Ultimately I found the cables a little forward in the lower treble, where vocals are nice and up front and guitars a little more sizzle vs the valhalla cables in my system. I can see this being perfect for a lot of systems, but for my system with the revealing Wilson metal tweeter and the very detailed Thales Simplicity II tonearm, it was a little too much.

This has been educational for me as cables really are an integral part of one's system and how it's voiced - If anyone says they don't use cables to tune one's system to what absolute sound they are look for is kidding themselves.

Once your system reaches a certain level, one can't just put cables into the system, no matter how much they cost and expect to hear an improvement.

I really thank Gian and especially Enrico for allowing me to listen to the Vyda cables and that they are used by Magico really does prove they are exceptional cables - but like everything in hifi - not for everyone.

cheers
Now send them back to Gian via Hong Kong please!

• Love
Reactions: Scott Naylor

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Now send them back to Gian via Hong Kong please!

Damm, too late!! In transit back to Italy. I could have done that. They could be wonderful in your system Howie.
I could inagine the phono on the Garrard would be a killer , assuming you could fit a din connector.

If you are serious, pm me and I can give you some details.

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Damm, too late!! In transit back to Italy. I could have done that. They could be wonderful in your system Howie.
I could inagine the phono on the Garrard would be a killer , assuming you could fit a din connector.

Thanks Shane. I better not. Sounds like a very dangerous and deep rabbit hole!

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

Vyda sounds excellent in Gian's. Also two systems with Pilium amp/pre in Thailand find excellent match.

Reactions: howiebrou

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Hi Howie,
if you want to try i can tell Enrico Datti,owner of Vyda to send to you to try,he will be happy to let you try
Ciao
Gian

Reactions: XV-1

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Hi Howie,
if you want to try i can tell Enrico Datti,owner of Vyda to send to you to try,he will be happy to let you try
Ciao
Gian

Howie can try my cables when they arrive back in Roma :cool: Enrico is very much a gentleman.

Reactions: howiebrou

TDX

Jan 14, 2020
Completely transparent and dynamic. Textured bass, open top end. I use them at times with Magico, Alsyvox, Bayz, Diesis and Raidho. They work well with all of the systems.

I actually don't feel that the cables have much of a sound of their own as I use them with streaming, files, vinyl and R2R and the changes in formats are clearly evident in all cases. It doesn't matter what speakers are being used the character of the recording and the format come through without thinking of the cables.

Also, if you mix other cables in the chain with VYDA cables I find the character of the other cables come through. If all VYDA cables are used in a system (pc', ic's, phono, sp. cables) I don't notice any character from the cables. I recognize the recordings and different formats being used.

Alon is also using the VYDA on the M9/Pilium system at the Magico showroom.
Hi Bob, I remember you mentioned that Pilium has no sound signature either. With Magico speakers (mine is S5), wouldn’t VYDA sound too lean or boring? Does it has any sweetness for treble and midrange?

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Hi Bob, I remember you mentioned that Pilium has no sound signature either. With Magico speakers (mine is S5), wouldn’t VYDA sound too lean or boring? Does it has any sweetness for treble and midrange?
Know way to know unless one tries cables (of any kind) in their system with their ears.

I use the VYDA cables along with Pilium with the S5IIs and the A5s and have used them with the M2s prior. We also use them with the M9s at our Dallas location and Alon uses them at the Magico factory with a full Pilium set up and all VYDA cables.

We will also be using Pilium/VYDA in the Magico room at both the upcoming Axpona showing in April as well with Magcio/Pilium/VYDA room at Munich High End in May.

Boring or lean are the last thoughts that would come to my mind with Pilium/VYdA/Magico, but that's me. Rich, full bodied, transparent, extended, exciting are words that come to mind for me when listening to the combination. YMMV.

Reactions: TDX

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing