Wadax Munich 2022

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
So one system gets to X % and another a few more or a lot more %, still "probably" never going to get there.

And the beat goes on....

Edit- The narrative of judging audio systems of how close it gets or replicates live acoustic performances is fine for the 20 or X number of intellects on WBF, but there another couple hundred thousand audio system listeners that just use their audio systems or headphones to enjoy music.

More power and enjoyment to both camps.

Bob, many of my non-audiophile friends when listening to a good system comment on whether or not it sounds like real music. I think this has nothing to do with “20 intellectuals”. I actually can’t even figure out what you mean by that phrase. There seems an increasing attempt to divide people into camps which seems very strange to me. Lots of people are talking about the latest super DACs. Do we separate those who reference live music in the comparisons as some kind of intellectuals? Are there now thousands of people who feel with their hearts and 20 people on the forum who think with their brains? You lost me hear.

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Bob, many of my non-audiophile friends when listening to a good system comment on whether or not it sounds like real music. I think this has nothing to do with “20 intellectuals”. I actually can’t even figure out what you mean by that phrase. There seems an increasing attempt to divide people into camps which seems very strange to me. Lots of people are talking about the latest super DACs. Do we separate those who reference live music in the comparisons as some kind of intellectuals? Are there now thousands of people who feel with their hearts and 20 people on the forum who think with their brains? You lost me hear.
I know this was directed at Bob.east, but your own comment I think is telling... if you were to take your "non-audiophile" friends and have them listen to, lets say, 10 "good" systems, do you think they'd be able to rank those systems from 1-10 in terms of which sounded more like "real music". If they did come up with a ranking, do you think even for a minute those lists would have any similarities to one-another?

Its really only (imho) these forums where we'd have intellectual arguments over which was more "real" or more "natural". Those non-audiophiles might come away saying I liked this one better than that one, but I have serious doubts they'd be interested in digging into subjective criteria such as which is more "real". (You already stipulated the systems were "good"; in context what does that mean?)

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
(...) Edit- The narrative of judging audio systems of how close it gets or replicates live acoustic performances is fine for the 20 or X number of intellects on WBF, but there another couple hundred thousand audio system listeners that just use their audio systems or headphones to enjoy music.

More power and enjoyment to both camps.

I think that no one will deny that the sound reproduction is a mix of both emotional and intellectual aspects and that they are not independent - understanding and anticipating can help significantly triggering and living emotions.

Stereo reproduction as we are discussing is not a natural process, only stereo binaural can claim such status. As such it must be analyzed in a complex way, including its technical aspects , just debating how close it is to live acoustic music is mostly forum delight.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Peter, anyone I know and that's a LOT of people with audio systems, just buy and use the systems to enjoy music. I've actually never heard anyone other than on WBF and only X number of people strive to define what makes a system good or not good.

People that I encounter (hundreds) just buy an audio system, listen to music and enjoy it. Nothing more than that. Sorry if that is not clear.

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Peter, anyone I know and that's a LOT of people with audio systems, just buy and use the systems to enjoy music. I've actually never heard anyone other than on WBF and only X number of people strive to define what makes a system good or not good.

People that I encounter (hundreds) just buy an audio system, listen to music and enjoy it.
Something must be wrong with those people. Enjoy? Listen? These words are all anathema to the neurotic WBF members!

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Something must be wrong with those people. Enjoy? Listen? These words are all anathema to the neurotic WBF members!

i’ve enjoyed every moment of the hobby and every one of my components and systems. Joy is why I do the hobby. But I also want to learn, so I can enjoy it more. Others I know on the hobby are the same. I simply use real music as a reference and a guide to assess my progress and to make purchase decisions. I was not aware that this was so unusual. And I certainly did not think that made me one of “20 intellectuals“ on the forum. I’ve never been accused of being intellectual before. Frankly the whole concept is very bizarre to me.

Listening to some of Kenny Burrell’s guitar right now and enjoying every moment of it.

Last edited:

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
i’ve enjoyed every moment of the hobby and every one of my components and systems. Joy is why I do the hobby. But I also want to learn, so I can enjoy it more. Others I know on the hobby are the same. I simply use real music as a reference and a guide to assess my progress and to make purchase decisions. I was not aware that this was so unusual. And I certainly did not think that made me one of “20 intellectuals“ on the forum. I’ve never been accused of being intellectual before. Frankly the whole concept is very bizarre to me.

Listening to some of Kenny Burrell’s guitar right now and enjoying every moment of it.
Can we start a group Peter? "the non-intellectuals". I would be the first to sign up! :D

Steve Vu

Oct 26, 2020
Did you follow the explanation of the upcoming battery power supply for the Taiko Extreme server on the Taiko thread?
It is basically a sophisticated battery management system followed by the ultra high quality Taiko DC to DC SMPS with a megahertz switching frequency. IMO, this is the way to go.

Matt
Bettery power supply or other power supplies are only the way which companies chose to upgrade their products. There is no the best choice until now. Curenttly, they can declare their products are the best but they also will release other products to replace these items in the future.

Taiko said users cannot improve SQ on streaming audio if they use other Switches or Routers. Extreme server with its Lan port is optimal. However, they will sell Switches and Routers in next time.

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Taiko said users cannot improve SQ on streaming audio if they use other Switches or Routers. Extreme server with its Lan port is optimal. However, they will sell Switches and Routers in next time.
Did they really say you can not improve SQ using switches or routers?

Steve Vu

Oct 26, 2020
Reactions: howiebrou

Steve Vu

Oct 26, 2020

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
i’ve enjoyed every moment of the hobby and every one of my components and systems. I simply use new music as a reference and a guide to assess my progress and to make purchase decisions. I was not aware that this was so unusual. And I certainly did not think that made me one of “20 intellectuals“ on the forum. I’ve never been accused of being intellectual before. Frankly the whole concept is very bizarre to me.

You can check their messages in Taiko thread.
Steve,

I started with Taiko three years ago. At that time they introduced me to the concept of upgraded routers vs. my standard Verizon router. Then they introduced me to the JCAT/Telegartner switches and linear power supplies. I still use the upgraded router as well as two JCAT switches with individual LPSs for each switch. This all came from Taiko's suggestions.

My journey and also many other Taiko users spent a year on the Taiko thread discussing the upgraded routers and switches. We even started a new thread that was spawned from the Taiko thread about upgrading our servers/streaming with network enhancements.

Over the last three years Taiko has done exhaustive research regarding "the network". They are now going to be able to offer (coning soon) their own version of network enhancements that quiet the network and also will not make buying ultra expensive network third party routers/switches/LPSs/cabling etc. necessary.

If you like I can dig out a hundred of the pages on the Taiko thread for you to see the network journey many of the Taiko users embarked on with the assistance of Taiko.

Btw, Steve you are doing exactly what you accused other people of doing regarding knocking down Wadax, just for reason of doing it, with no factual information backing your claims. The factual information IS in the Taiko thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: ctydwn

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Guys, let's not get into a pissing contest. Both Wadax and Taiko are top notch products. Let's just enjoy them, can we?

Reactions: Rhapsody

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Guys, let's not get into a pissing contest. Both Wadax and Taiko are top notch products. Let's just enjoy them, can we?
Exactly both great products and there was no reason to bring TAIKO into this conversation.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Steve Vu

Oct 26, 2020
Steve,

I started with Taiko three years ago. At that time they introduced me to the concept of upgraded routers vs. my standard Verizon router. Then they introduced me to the JCAT/Telegartner switches and linear power supplies. I still use the upgraded router as well as two JCAT switches with individual LPSs for each switch. This all came from Taiko's suggestions.

My journey and also many other Taiko users spent a year on the Taiko thread discussing the upgraded routers and switches. We even started a new thread that was spawned from the Taiko thread about upgrading our servers/streaming with network enhancements.

Over the last three years Taiko has done exhaustive research regarding "the network". They are now going to be able to offer (coning soon) their own version of network enhancements that quiet the network and also will not make buying ultra expensive network third party routers/switches/LPSs/cabling etc.

If you like I can dig out a hundred of the pages on the Taiko thread for you to see the network journey many of the Taiko users embarked on with the assistance of Taiko.

Btw, Steve you are doing exactly what you accused other people of doing regarding knocking down Wadax, just for reason of doing it, with no factual information backing your claims. The factual information IS in the Taiko thread.
I am sure about my words and I know Taiko users removed third party routers/switches after Emile said Extreme server with the Lan port was optimal and there will be no difference if users use those third party items. Users tell they hear better sound after removing third party items.

I have no problem with Taiko and I only say the truth with matthias. In my opinion, Extreme is a good server and I will buy 1 router when Emile releases his router.

Reactions: howiebrou

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
I am sure about my words and I know Taiko users removed third party routers/switches after Emile said Extreme server with the Lan port was optimal and there will be no difference if users use those third party items. Users tell they hear better sound after removing third party items.

I have no problem with Taiko and I only say the truth with matthias. In my opinion, Extreme is a good server and I will buy 1 router when Emile releases his router.
Can we keep this about Wadax in this thread? If you would like to discuss the Extreme why not come over to the Taiko thread and we will discuss it there.

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany

Steve, here Emile's post #9949:

Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème | What's Best Audio and Video Forum. The Best High End Audio Forum on the planet! (whatsbestforum.com)

Matt

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing