Wadax SACD Transport/Player?

lordcloud

Jul 5, 2016
Round Rock, Texas
Am I correct in assuming this is a transport or player from Wadax?

IMG_20230518_000138.jpg

If so, very interesting.

Photo taken from the Bending Wave IG page.

Reactions: Scott W and GuyB

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
A better picture.

and yes, it's the new transport.

note the "extra" power supply in the picture above in the 1st post. 2 full chassis width power supplies are on the middle and bottom right side. one is for the transport, the other for the server.

in this case my preference is not for the stealth look all black color scheme. i prefer my chrome and black. but maybe in person it's great.

70602527054__83E63E74-AA3B-4D5E-BCAA-3793C4A13CCE.jpeg

Last edited:

rando

Sep 22, 2019
A better picture.

and yes, it's the new transport.

note the "extra" power supply in the picture above in the 1st post. 2 full chassis width power supplies are on the middle and bottom right side. one is for the transport, the other for the server.

in this case my preference is not for the stealth look all black color scheme. i prefer my chrome and black. but maybe in person it's great.

View attachment 109566

Blip of interest is understandable even with your well established stance on silver discs.

Impressions, even under show conditions where a more tactile and visual level of reconnaissance are feasible, will be as highly interesting as they have been with all of the other Reference level hardware. :)

Reactions: lordcloud

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Blip of interest is understandable even with your well established stance on silver discs.
how can we not pay attention to a $175k (+ depending on the DC cable choice) silver disc transport/power supply combo? blows my mind. not yet read any listening feedback, but you can bet i will. it's awesome that someone is doing this. not in the cards for me, or course.
Impressions, even under show conditions where a more tactile and visual level of reconnaissance are feasible, will be as highly interesting as they have been with all of the other Reference level hardware. :)
agree.

Reactions: SCAudiophile

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Is that the price? Wadax certainly had some hardcore claims to justify the price of reference dac and server, I'd like to hear what's so special, different or unique about the ref transport.

Reactions: Lee

lordcloud

Jul 5, 2016
Round Rock, Texas
Reactions: Amir

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Is that the price? Wadax certainly had some hardcore claims to justify the price of reference dac and server, I'd like to hear what's so special, different or unique about the ref transport.
i've heard around $120k USD plus the optional power supply ($50k usd) plus choice of DC cables (up to $17k usd).

not heard it, and have no details on the tech, but i'm sure it's pretty awesome sounding. their previous transport at half the price did sound stellar. at this point not trying to justify the price. if i heard it then i would go there. OTOH i've made strong cases for the dac and server based on my experiences. so i do give Wadax the benefit of the doubt.

as the physical media silver disc alternative to cost no object uber vinyl playback it will have it's buyers.

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
Is there any information about this transport? Belt or ...?

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
The transport will be approx 110K. It can be used just like it is but there are also AKASA optical option for it and the DAC so it can be connected via thje same method as the server. THe optional server Power Supply can also be used as a optional add on to the transport as well as the reference AKASA power cables which can be used on the DAC, Server, and the upcoming transport.
The prices for the options are available the transport is an approx. as far as I know but I expect it to be close if not 110k.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing