Walker Audio Proscenium

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Around 10 years ago i was interesting to buy Walker Audio TT
Never had distributor in Italy and price was not very high and i was thinking was a really top turntable

Why no one of you leaving in USA has or had this turntable?

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Around 10 years ago i was interesting to buy Walker Audio TT
Never had distributor in Italy and price was not very high and i was thinking was a really top turntable

Why no one of you leaving in USA has or had this turntable?

Excellent question. I met Lloyd Walker at RMAF 2012 or thereabouts. The table was about $50 K then. He told me if I wanted to buy it then and there he would sell it to me for 35% off. I got interested, but he then mentioned the new price was $90-100K. It is a very expensive table and we don't read much about it anymore. J. Valin still has one with most/all of the latest upgrades.

Bob Heinatz

Jun 21, 2010
I think part of the reason there isn't much mention of this fine table today is the rediscovery of vintage direct drive and idler drive tables. Yes there are new uber priced belt drive tables but the field of great table now isn't just a belt drive. Yes Albert Porters selling his Walker table for a restored direct drive was a real eye opener.

Reactions: lordcloud

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
It was the go to tt for a number of audiophiles. It was replaced by the technics sp 10. Along came the Continuim and Techdas. Additionally there was a retro movement. Also Loyd had a serious I'llnesd.it is a fine table/cart/arm and might be available used at a reasonable price

108CY

May 4, 2013
I have a walker black diamond v sadly its packed away currently, its a wonderful turntable its certainly not the most neutral of performers but is bery engaging and musical, it errs on the dark side with a big enveloping bass.

siddh

Oct 2, 2012
I have had great success with the Walker table. It is one of the earliest tables...possibly one of the first 4 built. I purchased it several years ago from a family in upper Wisconsin. I have, since upgraded the tonearm and air compressor. I do not at all find the table on the dark side. With both the Koetsu Coralstone and AirTight Supreme, the presentation is tight, open and controlled. The table sits upon a Black Diamond Racing platform, which is further isolated by Stillpoints. I am also finding improvements with the Dalby record weight.
I have not had the opportunity to audition the uber tables, but I feel little desire to move laterally. The one shortcoming is the utility usage. The air bearing requires compressor driven airflow..

Reactions: tima and 108CY

108CY

May 4, 2013
I have had great success with the Walker table. It is one of the earliest tables...possibly one of the first 4 built. I purchased it several years ago from a family in upper Wisconsin. I have, since upgraded the tonearm and air compressor. I do not at all find the table on the dark side. With both the Koetsu Coralstone and AirTight Supreme, the presentation is tight, open and controlled. The table sits upon a Black Diamond Racing platform, which is further isolated by Stillpoints. I am also finding improvements with the Dalby record weight.
I have not had the opportunity to audition the uber tables, but I feel little desire to move laterally. The one shortcoming is the utility usage. The air bearing requires compressor driven airflow..

I agree the dalby clamp works very well it and its certainly together with vyger and cs port one of the best overall solutions currently made.

Reactions: Steveo

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing