Waversa Digital Filter

MichaelHiFi

Jan 6, 2022
Thought I'd write a review regarding an interesting device loaned to me.

Waversa EXT-USB

Part of what impressed me so much regarding the Allnic D10000 was the engineering behind this amazing DAC. My understanding is that Waversa performed much of the engineering on the DAC section. During my time with the Allnic DAC, I found myself not fiddling with the DAC settings, rather, I was simply more engaged with the music playing than worrying about whether I had the correct bit rate setting, DSD vs PCM settings and the like.

Having the opportunity to see what this USB filter can do to an already highly executed USB implemented system, I gave it a listen. The Waversa is a passive device. That’s a good thing for value conscious folks like me who spend far too much money on audio cables, especially power cables.

I have a fairly extensive USB implementation as mentioned. The best way I thought was to start from ground zero, that is, a generic USB cable with little outboard help from my network devices. USB boutique cable deniers would not welcome any voodoo my Network Acoustics Muon cable might possess. My network consisted of the etherregen network switch, the Ultrarendu, Uptone audio power supplies and the Supra network cables. My path is now simple; fanless computer USB output jack to Allnic D10000 input using a generic USB cable. With the generic USB cable I found the sound to be, well, fantastic. Seriously. I mean that the Allnic can deliver the goods no matter what is plugged into it, it seems. So I played some familiar songs and developed a sonic picture. Soon into my listening session I noted quickly the treble region was rougher than I’m used to. My wife joined me and told me to turn the music down as it sounded a bit harsh to her. Yes I agreed, it was a bit harsh. It seemed too that it lost a little bit of dimensionality, but not being able to AB (I had to reboot the DAC in order to let Roon find the DAC) it was more of a “do I think the stage flattened?”.

Add the Waversa and woah, there it is. The wife noticed immediately as did I. The sound was much smoother and the dimensionality I guessed had diminished, had returned. Also, the music felt more saturated, more realistic. My wife too commented on the realism. Details are tricky to describe sometimes. I don’t wish to say, wow, listen to all that detail. I can say that with nearly every change I perform with this DAC it can do sonic detail but it’s different in how it presents this detail. It doesn’t dominate the music but it’s there when you choose to focus on it. So I had my doubts about what the Waversa can do and found it can perform very well. But let’s see what happens when I lose the generic USB cable and plug in the NA Muon USB cable.

Interesting. I had to admit, I didn’t detect much change. My wife too, struggled to comment on any change the expensive Muon cable made. Next step, remove the Waversa. In doing so the Muon cable stood on its own, still presenting the color and dimensionality we loved about this cable. I know I lost half of you but I stand by what I’m hearing. In our world, USB cables have a sound.

This device has been tough on me. I try to gather some sort of signature. Really I do. I look for all the fancy language reviewers use and I’m trying to wear that hat but it keeps on falling off. Back and forth, back and forth, giving those USB cables a workout, my brain too. Just like downstairs, yes, there’s something going on inside that heavy silver compartment but it is subtle. It’s like, without it my stereo sounds great. I mean overall, given my relatively modest gear, it is very pleasant. Add in the Waversa, it just feels more involved. Maybe the overall sense is that every aspect of this is slightly improved. It’s not a oh more of this or, oh more of that, but a perceived presentation that I can't put into words.

So I moved the Waversa upstairs connecting it to the Holo May KTE DAC. Here, using the Acoustic Invader preamp and the BMC-S1 amplifier and power through a BPT AC regenerator. Speakers are the Buchardt S400 MKII’s and the Adam Audio SW260 MKII subs. Roon and microrendu are paired as a CATx digital streamer turned USB input to both the Waversa path as well as straight into the May DAC. USB cable is the Supra Excalibur and Waversa’s own USB creation. Back and forth again and again, between the Waversa in play vs the network path I enjoyed the Waversa better than without. But it was still hard to put a description of change in the sonic signature. I wish I knew what tech was inside that enclosure.

Update:

Some weeks ago I purchased a few meters of Furutech DPS 4.1 power cord. Added to that a set of the Furutech FI-50 NCF connectors and thankfully, already had a set of the FI-11’s from years ago. So I built 2 cables and placed the FI-50 connectorized cable to the Serbian preamp. It replaced a cable that wasn’t up to the quality of components it fed.

I shouldn’t have been surprised at the change the Furutech cable made even before it settled in, but there it was. That was a long listening session and I won’t bore anyone with a review other than with the Waversa. After a little more cable break-in I returned to the Waversa and what it may or may not bring to the table. What we know now for certain is this. The Waversa is a smooth operator. Going back and forth many times both the wife and I were in total agreement, the Waversa brings smoothness top to bottom. It does not truncate any part of the musical signature, it just loses the edge that you wouldn’t know was there until you performed the “back and forth” Waversa in, Waversa out.

I started with Death Cab For Cutie “Soul Meets Body” as it’s an easy track to determine PRAT and air and just fun to listen to. Next track a few may remember is Miles Davis “Kind of Blue”, well, most of the album. Michael Kiwanuka snuck in there as we went back and forth. It all sounded better with the upgraded power cable and the resulting change were similar adding the Waversa.

Bottom line, I like it and so does my wife. And after considerable listening tests it is a smooth, less 'digital' sounding device. It also appears to add a greater degree of involvement, whether that’s due to the less perceived digital signature of perhaps a greater musical palette, hard for me to say. It does not take away anything from the music and you can’t say that about very many devices. I also believe audiophiles might have a different opinion and that opinion will either mirror my own or be more sophisticated to clarify whatever it is that I can’t put into words. It certainly doesn’t detract, but it’s too expensive for our budget. Those who have the money to spend and are looking for a convenient way to clean up their USB path, it's a winner. As well, those who refuse to believe USB cables make a difference to the end result (the 0's and 1's argument), this device may be perfect for removing the supposed electrical path brought forth by the USB medium.

If you love music and love your generic USB cable, the Waversa USB-EXT should be at the very least, worth a listen. Actually, forgetting to mention, a USB output cable ships with the Waversa as it’s an input and output. It’s a short cable, thankfully, not another USB cable I'd be inclined to test.

Cheers

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Very nice write up. I am a big fan of Waversa having auditioned and brought home their LAN Isolator Ext Reference Plus. Remarkable work. We put it in between the Zanden Transport (i2s RJ45) and the Zanden DAC...and it has genuinely moved the remarkable and legendary Zanden 4-box digital 10-15 years forward in my opinion.

There was a time when I felt that despite always preferring the Zanden digital to any digital system I had heard (even those of a much much later generation)...there were certainly digital systems which 'appeared' to be more detailed, more articulate, more capable of discerning what was really going on deep in the recording details...

...until Waversa. I am not sure how or why (presumably, there is 'more work' that could be done in the connection between the Transport and DAC)...but the Zanden's voice is completely unaltered, but now with newfound insight, articulation, nuance, dexterity in complex passages and soundstaging. It does feel like a next-generation version of itself...I could not be happier.

We first started experimenting a bit by having a custom i2s cable being designed by Paul Stratton at Z:Axis audio (and subsequently custom umbilicals)...all of which are stunningly successful. The Waversa was a massive leap on top of the Z:Axis work where the triumverate of Zanden, Z:Axis umbilicals and now Waversa has created sensational music making.

Glad to see there are others enjoying the good work of Waversa. Enjoy!

MichaelHiFi

Jan 6, 2022
Thanks you. It's funny in a way, I just got offered an audition of the Lan Isolator Ext Reference Plus while I'm removing network components.

I've sort of gone back in time in terms of my setup. Yesterday I removed the LAN from my which left only an ethernet connection to the server controlled from Roon. Now I was simply using a USB cabe (a NA Muon) direct to Allnic D-10000 OTL/OCL which uses a Waversa DAC section.

And like every connection I through at this DAC, it sounds wonderful. Well wonderful isn't good enough, what are the differences? So, I decided to revisit this yet again only listening to 3 different setups.

First I queued up Jeff Becks "Blow By Blow" CD (gold version for whatever that means) and one of my all time favorite songs Diamond dust using my CD transport, the Pro-ject RS2-T (LSA PS) using an AES Audio Envoy (inexpensive for what's that worth) cable into the DAC. This is against the NA Muon USB direct server to DAC, no network other than Roon control.

Back and forth, A and B, back and forth I tried like hell to listen to any nuances that I can describe. I decided that if one were to test me through an A vs B session, I'd fail. This didn't much surprise me because I had performed this test with my wife although with full network in operation. She preferred the CD Transport and I only slightly preferred the Transport over our network devices.

So round one no clear winner. On to round 2.

Round 2 is using all of my network gear outputting from an Ultrarendu USB (NA Muon) to DAC against the CD Transport.

Same song back & forth, A & B, you get the idea. Now I did notice a difference. Sitting on my couch, eyes closed, I noted that the network had more contrast and was a bit more immediate in its presentation. The was a bit more clarity as well as in space between the notes.

When the Waversa USB EXT was installed it was a similar contrast without the NA Muon USB.

So I sat up from the couch and stopped the play from Roon. Music continued to play. LOL! It was actually the CD Transport bettering the network!

You might ask, "how did you get that mixed up?". The Allnic D-10000 has a few user flaws IMO. Number one is the remote. It's an Apple remote with no designation. Just a simple Apple remote. On the front panel of the Allnic are little LED lights that light up when you change source and or DAC settings. They of course are labeled but no way can I see that from the couch. I could memorize them if I still had a fully functioning memory.

What I wrote in the review is that one must take a picture of the face of the DAC and print it for reference leaving it close by or getting ones arse of the couch, walking up to the DAC, and noting what settings are set. So yeah, I got sources mixed up. Good thing I stopped Roon and, where did I put that print of the front panel?

Your system is a number of levels above mine. I think everything I describe is certainly on your end, going to be more nuanced top to bottom. I would love to own a pair of Alexx's or XLF's one day and I bet my Allnic T2000, 30th Anniversary would serve them well.

To summarize, I'm more curious as to what Waversa might bring to our network scheme. The Pro-ject RS2-T is a really good transport even with a cheapo AES cable and I won't be satisfied not having the Allnic DAC in my system.

So I'm buying the Allnic D-10000 DAC.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Congrats on the DAC! Sounds like a great decision, and yes I can imagine your equipment being exceptional with some of the bigger Wilsons.

Reactions: Scott Naylor

charles1dad

VIP/Donor
Aug 22, 2021
Michigan, USA.
@MichaelHiFi
+1 your assessment of the Pro-Ject RS2T. It is a really fine CD transport utilizing the Stream Unlimited CD Pro-8 drive mechanism. No doubt that it and the Allnic DAC will be a fantastic pairing.
Charles

MichaelHiFi

Jan 6, 2022
@MichaelHiFi
+1 your assessment of the Pro-Ject RS2T. It is a really fine CD transport utilizing the Stream Unlimited CD Pro-8 drive mechanism. No doubt that it and the Allnic DAC will be a fantastic pairing.
Charles
Having spent so much time building a networked source I began to wonder what an actual CD sounded like without all the trouble associated with streaming audio. I still get network dropouts even with a high powered computer! How much time have I spent staring at network and CPU processes...

The RS2-T is my benchmark as it sounds the best and is the simplest of sources as is my turntable. I mean my library originates from these CD's burned from a $.25 transport. I know, bits are bits and checksum and all the rest but there is something special about popping in a good ole fashioned CD.

It may be interesting to see if the Waversa LAN could up the ante.
MichaelHiFi

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Michael, if you try please let us know how it goes. The experience of placing it in between the Zanden Transport and DAC is stupendous. There are 3 models…I am referring to their Ref Plus. Happened to get a good price and took it.

Reactions: Uk Paul

Republicoftexas69

Having spent so much time building a networked source I began to wonder what an actual CD sounded like without all the trouble associated with streaming audio. I still get network dropouts even with a high powered computer! How much time have I spent staring at network and CPU processes...

The RS2-T is my benchmark as it sounds the best and is the simplest of sources as is my turntable. I mean my library originates from these CD's burned from a $.25 transport. I know, bits are bits and checksum and all the rest but there is something special about popping in a good ole fashioned CD.

MichaelHiFi
Since add the Innuos Statement and Zenith to my 2 systems I never have any streaming issues no dropouts. Did not with my Si audio or Bel Canto gear wither. May be more of a computer issue. ?? No?

I am using a Netgear ProSAFE GS105E Switch with 2 Everstar LAN Isolators and Supra Cat-8 Network Cables.

You do have a heck of a CD Spinner!!

charles1dad

VIP/Donor
Aug 22, 2021
Michigan, USA.
@Republicoftexas69
What modem and router do you use? Are you using a mesh router by any chance? I am in the process of implementing my first audio streaming system.

So, collecting as much data/information from current streaming users as I can. I plan to get it right the first time.
Charles

charles1dad

VIP/Donor
Aug 22, 2021
Michigan, USA.

MichaelHiFi
I completely understand. This is why I am just now getting into audio streaming. The RS2T Has simply been marvelous sounding for me. And as you note, so simple! I really enjoy listening to CD playback.

I have decided that I can enjoy both formats. I want the library access that online streaming offers. But the splendid RS2T is staying put.
Charles

Reactions: Republicoftexas69

Republicoftexas69

@Republicoftexas69
What modem and router do you use? Are you using a mesh router by any chance? I am in the process of implementing my first audio streaming system.

So, collecting as much data/information from current streaming users as I can. I plan to get it right the first time.
Charles

Charles we are using the ARRIS SURFboard SBG8300 DOCSIS 3.1 Gigabit Cable Modem & AC2350 Wi-Fi Router and it drops in to a On Q system and additional switches for applications in various rooms in the house. I have 2 networks also but this may change as we only have are 19 year old daughter home (2 nights a week), she is still in college and when she is not in class she is at her boyfriends that lives downtown... So we are just streaming and a couple of work laptops on the network.

Reactions: charles1dad

MichaelHiFi

Jan 6, 2022
Michael, if you try please let us know how it goes. The experience of placing it in between the Zanden Transport and DAC is stupendous. There are 3 models…I am referring to their Ref Plus. Happened to get a good price and took it.
I will certainly do that. I'm not sure what version John will send me, perhaps the not the +, but we'll see.

MichaelHiFi

Jan 6, 2022

Charles we are using the ARRIS SURFboard SBG8300 DOCSIS 3.1 Gigabit Cable Modem & AC2350 Wi-Fi Router and it drops in to a On Q system and additional switches for applications in various rooms in the house. I have 2 networks also but this may change as we only have are 19 year old daughter home (2 nights a week), she is still in college and when she is not in class she is at her boyfriends that lives downtown... So we are just streaming and a couple of work laptops on the network.

I completely understand. This is why I am just now getting into audio streaming. The RS2T Has simply been marvelous sounding for me. And as you note, so simple! I really enjoy listening to CD playback.

I have decided that I can enjoy both formats. I want the library access that online streaming offers. But the splendid RS2T is staying put.
Charles
A bit of history regarding my network streaming. I should be an expert. I started network streaming when it first became available. I was after all, a computer junkie. Squeezebox 3, Transporter, PS Audio, on and on. I worked at Stanford and changed profession to desktop support managing Linux, Windows and Mac machines. After 2 years of that I hated it. Back to engineering on the Accelerator. Guys I managed were simply better at networking than I was. But I was pretty good at computer audio. That was 25 years ago.

I often feel I'm getting dummer at computer anything. HQPlayer was a pain in the butt to implement correctly. All those years and all that time spent simply burned out that part of my brain.

When the house that I'm living in was built, I ran OM1 fiber, CAT8, CAT6 & unshielded CAT6. The drywall guys destroyed all but one of my catx cables.

I use a TP-link archer AX11000 router to an etherregen network switch to an Ultrarendu CAT something, I forgot to USB output. On top of that both the etherregen and Ultrarendu are powered by a Uptone Audio power supply. Server is a I9-10900 Atlas Sagio. When I received the server I found it's performance to be less than my earliest PC. I mean, what a dog. I couldn't get this machine to wake the heck up. I sent it back to England for a checkup. It returned slightly modified and better in performance but was still strangely slow. Not I did however get it to process PCM 1536 inside of HQPlayer using some stout filters but still fely something was not right. The BIOS on this machine is drilled into my brain. There went those brain cells...
No mesh router yet. We use Starlink for internet so I actually have 2 routers. Starlink is hard wired to the TP-Link.

Charles, there are some great streaming solutions out there and the Roon endpoint is amazing. I have my library and Qobuz lossless to play with. Don't let my former misery dissuade you.
I noted that you also have the BPT 3.5 isolation transformer. I changed the outlets on that heavy box to Furutech, Oyaide and Synergistic research, just to play around. Don't think it was worth the trouble though. Too - many - variables.

charles1dad

VIP/Donor
Aug 22, 2021
Michigan, USA.
Hi Ted,
I really appreciate your insightful feedback. No, I won’t get discouraged with my foray into audio streaming. I learn a lot reading comments from those experienced such as you. It paves a logical path for me.

There will be no multi-boxes/cables/switches etc. I am not interested in storing local files etc. Just high quality enjoyable subscription audio (Qobuz and/or Tidal) streaming.

I don’t need Roon or music server, just a high quality well designed network player. The new Innuos Pulse player has caught my attention. Connecti it to a good router via one filter (Waversa or Network Acoustics Muon filter system) and LAN Cable, I’m good to go.
Charles

George K

Jul 26, 2012
I have found Waversa EXT-LAN isolator working great to my system and also to other friends Systems consistently.

It does work with any network setup without altering the tone or adding a sonic signature of its own.
it is a rare passive device that brings only the best from digital sound and makes it more “analogue “
I can imagine also that it is working great in USB as well. Soon I will test it.
I bought 2 LAN isolators from Waversa and I don’t want to think the REf version, which I am told is more beneficial.

Also the LAN cable from Waversa is another great product and now I am tempted to try the WSmarthub3.0.

This company is something else.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Agree! Having auditioned only their LAN Reference Plus, I can only speak to that piece, which has been a hugely successful find. It has been sensationally successful with our Zanden digital in between our transport and DAC.

Reactions: Uk Paul

MichaelHiFi

Jan 6, 2022
Well, I sort of screwed up when reviewing the Reference EXT USB. It turns out that there's a second USB cable inside another box that needed to be in play. In the review I had used a generic USB cable and my own Network Acoustics Muon. No way was the Waversa cable going to better the Muon anyway. Let the listening begin.

First I simply compared cable to cable, no Waversa EXT box in play. There was a difference between these 2 high dollar cables (I'm assuming the Waversa is high dollar just by the look of it). The first listening session showed for both my wife and I that the Waversa brought even more clarity to the show. Music played slower. By that I mean the space between the notes seemed emptier. I thought the bass too, was a bit tighter and maybe didn't fill the room as much. Adding the Waversa EXT USB didn't seem to change as much as was changing just the cable. I was a bit disturbed by this. The Muon is a great cable. Did it really get bettered? I think in an overall sense, the Waversa cable has an edge in space and clarity while the Muon offers a bit more smoothness and expansiveness. But it's so system dependent and one's ears may have a different take.

Round two. The next day I drug (drugged?) my wife for another listening test. I used the following songs because of her familiarity with them
except for this one, Beck's "Chemical". There's a section of this song that sounds like the snapping of a finger, but I doubt it's that. I tried looking it up but failed. Anyway, it was mesmerizing the amount of space and texture that brought. When music presents itself with simplicity, you really note how much air it being brought with this cable. I don't think it was as expansive as the Muon and that maybe due to the difference in low end energy.

Sarah Brightman's "Anytime, Anywhere". This is a great sounding song anyway and was elevated both with the Waversa cable and then by adding the Waversa EXT USB. This song felt slightly more dynamic as described by my wife. I too felt that the space between the notes gave a feeling of greater dynamics even though I doubt there was in actuality, greater highs or lows.

Jennifer Warnes, Famous Blue Raincoat "Joan of Arc". Again, the same adjectives can be applied here. This song played slow. It was 3D.
Going back to the Muon, it wasn't as though we were let down. The Allnic DAC isn't capable of letting one down as it dominates the output showing both beauty and nuance. It can't play a song poorly. Your music collection will thank you and in return you'll return to your collection involving all your music.

The Waversa EXT USB and associated USB cables adds a bit more flavor, a little more icing on your cake.
In my system I found the Waversa USB played cable slightly ahead of my NA Muon. The overall Waversa system seems an example of very fine engineering.

Thanks for the feedback gentlemen.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi...the one thing I would note about the Waversa LAN Reference Plus...which was very important in our experience...was that it continued to change quite dramatically until around 60 hours. I am not sure why, but what I can say is:

- we plugged it in...immediate solid improvement, notable and identifiable; plug, unplug, plug, unplug...repeatable
- let it run...and then around 55 hours in started to hear things on different albums that [from memory] were quite shocking...stronger, different..but I set it aside as my memory
- then at hour 60, it really took a radical turn of purity, clarity, organic nuance...and i went back to tracks I had been listening to at the beginning of setting it up.

Very big improvement...and then began a fun voyage of running thru 10-20 'reference albums'.

THEN, I had a loaner cable in...and got the actual cable I had purchased (same cable just a new one)...and went BACKWARDS. And then 60 hours later there was that same wave of improvements again...and then there were incremental improvements to around another 40-70 hours as the new cable settled in. But once it had, it was the same significant improvement. The Waversa LAN Reference Plus is a remarkable improvement to the Zanden digital...bringing it forward 10-15 years in control, detail and soundstage life...while maintaining the exact Zanden voice.

This is the only Waversa piece I have ever tried...and it is not the same one as yours though they do seem to be of the same principle. YMMV.

_Alchemist_

May 19, 2020
where did your guys order from?
was anyone able to buy from audiooutlet in korea?
I dropped them an email but I haven't gotten a response

charles1dad

VIP/Donor
Aug 22, 2021
Michigan, USA.
Well, I sort of screwed up when reviewing the Reference EXT USB. It turns out that there's a second USB cable inside another box that needed to be in play. In the review I had used a generic USB cable and my own Network Acoustics Muon. No way was the Waversa cable going to better the Muon anyway. Let the listening begin.

First I simply compared cable to cable, no Waversa EXT box in play. There was a difference between these 2 high dollar cables (I'm assuming the Waversa is high dollar just by the look of it). The first listening session showed for both my wife and I that the Waversa brought even more clarity to the show. Music played slower. By that I mean the space between the notes seemed emptier. I thought the bass too, was a bit tighter and maybe didn't fill the room as much. Adding the Waversa EXT USB didn't seem to change as much as was changing just the cable. I was a bit disturbed by this. The Muon is a great cable. Did it really get bettered? I think in an overall sense, the Waversa cable has an edge in space and clarity while the Muon offers a bit more smoothness and expansiveness. But it's so system dependent and one's ears may have a different take.

Round two. The next day I drug (drugged?) my wife for another listening test. I used the following songs because of her familiarity with them
except for this one, Beck's "Chemical". There's a section of this song that sounds like the snapping of a finger, but I doubt it's that. I tried looking it up but failed. Anyway, it was mesmerizing the amount of space and texture that brought. When music presents itself with simplicity, you really note how much air it being brought with this cable. I don't think it was as expansive as the Muon and that maybe due to the difference in low end energy.

Sarah Brightman's "Anytime, Anywhere". This is a great sounding song anyway and was elevated both with the Waversa cable and then by adding the Waversa EXT USB. This song felt slightly more dynamic as described by my wife. I too felt that the space between the notes gave a feeling of greater dynamics even though I doubt there was in actuality, greater highs or lows.

Jennifer Warnes, Famous Blue Raincoat "Joan of Arc". Again, the same adjectives can be applied here. This song played slow. It was 3D.
Going back to the Muon, it wasn't as though we were let down. The Allnic DAC isn't capable of letting one down as it dominates the output showing both beauty and nuance. It can't play a song poorly. Your music collection will thank you and in return you'll return to your collection involving all your music.

The Waversa EXT USB and associated USB cables adds a bit more flavor, a little more icing on your cake.
In my system I found the Waversa USB played cable slightly ahead of my NA Muon. The overall Waversa system seems an example of very fine engineering.

Thanks for the feedback gentlemen.
Michael,
Reading your comparative descriptions between the Muon and Waversa it appears that they certainly have different presentations.

Unless my interpretation of what you have written is wrong, there does not seem to be a clear-cut winner. Rather, both are excellent Network cables with their own specific signature/character.

No doubt that depending on the particular audio system or listeners involved would determine the preference of either cable. If I’m reading correctly then it’s clear one could not choose wrongly with either of them. They seem to be worthy competitors.
Charles

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing