WBF meets AMR / iFi audio

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
How are you doing What’s Best Forum? I am Kayo from iFi audio. I am really excited to be a part of this community. I am here to address any of your questions and help you if you need any information regarding our products. Let’s kick this discussion off with what does music mean to you and what impact does it have on your daily life.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Well look who comes along right when I am looking at affordable phono stages for my Rega P1 with Denon DL110.
Welcome to the WBF sand box! Enjoy your stay!

Reactions: AMR / iFi audio

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Welcome to WBF, iFi!

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
BruceD,
John Curl joined our team as a technical consultant only a couple of months ago, so he was not lucky enough to take part in the micro iPhono2 adventure. Our tech master Thorsten Loesch & his team stand behind it. :cool:

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
BruceD,
John Curl joined our team as a technical consultant only a couple of months ago, so he was not lucky enough to take part in the micro iPhono2 adventure. Our tech master Thorsten Loesch & his team stand behind it. :cool:

Lucky ?-- I might get his opinion on that:rolleyes:

BD

Reactions: jeff1225

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Bruce, I am sure, John would also be happy to tell you more about it.

Indeed we talked at length and he explained all the situation with him and Thorsten

-- he was extremely satisfied with your post which you stated he

was NOT in anyway associated with the Micro iPhono 2 Product.

You posted correctly and I am happy to acknowledge same here.

Thank you

BruceD

Aug 12, 2019
Hey guys - I'm new here and it looks like you are too! Just thought I'd say hi. Got an nano iDSD BL of yours and love it. Run it generally with some Finals and for ease, Meze 99 Neo. Sounds great with both.

What you guys up to? Got anything new to report?

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Hey audiomonkey777,
which Finals are you using? E3000, E4000? I have not listened to iDSD BL with 99 Neo, but I love how well it works with Meze 99 Classics. I am using the Walnut Silver edition. Love their rich sound and the design. I really enjoy silver accents on Walnut. Would you rather go for a silver or gold edition? I must say I also like their noise cancellation.

Btw. If noise cancellation plays an important role in your listening experience as well, you should take a look at our most recent product. Our Powerstation brings the noise cancellation to a completely new level.
https://ifi-audio.com/products/powerstation/

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2019
Got the Meze Classics. Got the gold edition. Had to give the Finals back to a friend. Looking for something new? Suggestions?

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
I like Meze Classics. If a slight treble loss is not the key issue for you, I think they are one of the best options within their price range. Depending on how much of an upgrade you are looking for. A slightly higher price range, I'd give ATH-AD2000X a try. I also like the ZMF Omni (just replace the cable). Of course there is also Focal Utopia, which I really enjoy listening to, but that is a different league entirely.

Aug 12, 2019
Mmm Focal Utopia - look like i need to get myself to a show. Any recommendations? I've in Spain btu often travel for work in Europe. Someone on another thread is reccomending the HD800s... any thoughts on those ones?

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Mmm Focal Utopia - look like i need to get myself to a show. Any recommendations? I've in Spain btu often travel for work in Europe. Someone on another thread is reccomending the HD800s... any thoughts on those ones?

Yup, 'mmm' is just the right reaction to describe these cans. Utopias are solid!

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I am not sure the HD800S though a fine headphone is the perfect match for iFi audio. The power in the Diablo is more than sufficient for the power-hungry HD800S. I just think tubes are a better match.

Last edited:

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
I am not sure the HD800S though a fine headphone is the perfect match for iFi audio. The power in the Diablo is more than sufficient for the power-hungry HD800S. I just think tubes are a better Matsch.
HD800 series is a light-sounding headphones, so yes, using tubes makes a lot of sense. From our repertoire, I would match them with the PRO series, just because of tubes.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
That is a helluva combo. I'll have to try it sometime.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing