We Did It

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
After 8 weeks of intense planning and unforeseen and unpredicted obstacles I am proud to say we got this done.

I am sure there will be questions but I suggest playing with the forum and get to know it

We now have a dedicated home page which will change every month

Report any questions or concerns to your admin team

Reactions: MJB, XV-1 and GMKF

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Gonna have to get used to this..... Congrats on all the hard work!

Steve Williams

Thanks sujay. This was an 8 week exercise in converting a 10 year old database into that of a new platform. We know a few days of posts have been lost but that is part and parcel an upgrade of this sort of upgrade. As far as we know we have lost nothing else in the change to the new platform. We anticipate further tweaks and modifications to the site. The good thing is that we have spread our wings and rid ourselves of the Vbulletin constant bugs and a platform that was leading nowhere

Steve Williams

Gonna have to get used to this..... Congrats on all the hard work!

o doubt there is a learning curve Bruce but remember that this platform was created by two of the original vBulletin partners so there are many similarities just termed differently

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Wow! 10,000+ members and growing. Very nice facelift Steve. More emoji too. I like it. Congratulation!

Tang :)

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Also think that from first observation it’s looking great, feels nice and fresh, the layout seems intuitive and easy to navigate. Obviously a giant effort, congratulations on a really nice move forward. Love it. Well done.

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Also think that from first observation it’s looking great, feels nice and fresh, the layout seems intuitive and easy to navigate. Obviously a giant effort, congratulations on a really nice move forward. Love it... well done.
Thought I’d see my way around using it... Now I’ve just got to work out how to edit and delete :)

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
and we even have a like button :p

Reactions: trev

Steve Williams

and we even have a like button :p
I’m glad you mentioned the like button. We are asking members to like a post rather than posting +1

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
You did a fantastic job, Steve! It looks great!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I was on when you switched over! Seamless forklift! Congratulations Steve and Ron!

Now that I know my posts won't disappear into the ether, 2.0 here we go!

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
I’m glad you mentioned the like button. We are asking members to like a post rather than posting +1

funny how things turn around. I was virtually shouted down when I raised it 12 months ago that it is a great feature. :eek:

Reactions: bonzo75

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing